Cricketing Trends on Social Media today
This is how the cricketers spent their time on Twitter and Instagram today.
Published - Aug 4, 2018 9:31 pm | Updated - Aug 4, 2018 10:07 pm
The cricketing trends on the social media mostly revolved around the opening Test between England and India, which the hosts won by 31 runs. Following the visitor’s loss, VVS Laxman, the former Indian cricketer, believes that Virat Kohli and Co will make a comeback. Ryan Sidebottom touted the match to be a healthy advertisement of cricket. Ben Stokes heaped praises on Sam Curran, who was the Player of the Match.
Former pacer RP Singh praised Virat Kohli, who scored 149 and 51 runs in the match. Anjum Chopra was also dejected after India failed to win the match after getting them by the scruff of their necks. New Zealand leg-break bowler Ish Sodhi reckons that the late strikes from Ben Stokes won England the match. Scott Styris was happy to meet MS Dhoni, who is currently in Chennai.
Surrey captain Jade Dernbach was delighted by the way Aaron Finch and Jason Roy played against Middlesex at KIA Oval in London. Fast bowler Craig Overton was also happy after Somerset’s ten-wicket victory against Essex in Taunton. Former Pakistani cricketer and current commentator wished legendary singer Late Kishore Kumar on his birth anniversary.
1. Mr Cricket impressed with the first Test
Thoroughly enjoyed the first test between England and India- When the pitch has something in it for the bowlers and the ball is moving it makes for gripping test cricket- Great advertisement for the game!!
— Mike Hussey (@mhussey393) August 4, 2018
2. Chris Gayle ready for a party
A post shared by KingGayle 👑 (@chrisgayle333) on
3. Scott Styris happy to meet MS Dhoni
— Scott Styris (@scottbstyris) August 4, 2018
4. VVS Laxman hopes for India to bounce back
Congratulations to England on the victory, it was truly an enthralling Test Match, one which the viewers would have thoroughly enjoyed. I am sure India will bounce back strongly, especially the batting unit which has a lot of potential to do well. #EngvInd
— VVS Laxman (@VVSLaxman281) August 4, 2018
5. Ryan Sidebottom ecstatic after England’s victory
Well done @englandcricket Brilliant advert for test cricket and Test cricket is alive and still the best format in my eyes. Well done @CurranSM chuffed to bits for you, and what a start to the Test series #ENDvIND 🏏🏏🏏🏏
— Ryan Sidebottom (@RyanSidebottom) August 4, 2018
6. Ben Stokes hails Sam Curran
— Ben Stokes (@benstokes38) August 4, 2018
7. Anjum Chopra disappointed by India’s loss
So near …. yet so far. #INDvENG
— Anjum Chopra (@chopraanjum) August 4, 2018
8. Russell Arnold before tomorrow’s match between Sri Lanka and South Africa
— Russel Arnold (@RusselArnold69) August 4, 2018
9. RP Singh praises Virat Kohli’s single-handed efforts
— R P Singh (@rpsingh) August 4, 2018
10. Jade Dernbach awestruck by Finch and Roy’s explosive knocks against Middlesex
— Jade Dernbach (@Jwd_16) August 4, 2018
11. Ish Sodhi reckons Ben Stokes have won England the match
— Ish Sodhi (@ish_sodhi) August 4, 2018
12. Craig Overton believes Somerset were brilliant against Essex
A post shared by Craig Overton (@craigoverton12) on
13. Ramiz Raja expresses his gratitude towards Kishore Kumar
Happy Birthday to one and only Kishore Kumar!! You rule hearts and transcend boundaries!! pic.twitter.com/memWWO2nlh
— Ramiz Raja (@iramizraja) August 4, 2018
14. Ryan Harris all praises for Adelaide Crows
— Ryan Harris (@r_harris413) August 4, 2018