Cricketing Trends on Social Media Today
Here is what the cricketing community was talking about in the last 24 hours.
Updated - Oct 3, 2019 10:18 am
Rohit Sharma was the topic of central discussion in the cricketing trends on Wednesday. For the first time, the 32-year-old opened the batting in Test cricket. He made an immediate impact with a fabulous ton. Suryakumar Yadav, Brad Hogg, VVS Laxman and Deep Dasgupta congratulated him on the achievement. Dale Steyn wrote that South Africa has to think outside the box to break the opening partnership.
On the other hand, on the occasion of 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, many cricketers put up tweets remembering the legend. Sachin Tendulkar urged his fans to come together on this occasion and make India clean and healthy. In other trends, Hardik Pandya tried to raise awareness about plastic pollution through a short video. He nominated some of his teammates to take up a pledge to choose the planet over plastic.
1. All-rounder Irfan Pathan shared a Mahatma Gandhi quote on the occasion of his birthday
— Irfan Pathan (@IrfanPathan) October 2, 2019
2. VVS Laxman congratulated Rohit Sharma on his century and wrote that he enjoyed the way the 32-year-old applied himself
Congratulations to Rohit on a excellent 100. Enjoyed the way he applied himself at the start of his innings and then played his natural game once he got his eye in. Good matured knock from Mayank. Great opportunity for both the batsmen to score big 100s #INDvsSA
— VVS Laxman (@VVSLaxman281) October 2, 2019
3. Angelo Mathews wanted Sri Lanka to capitalise on the great start in the 3rd ODI against Pakistan
Great start @OfficialSLC let’s capitalize on this 💪💪
— Angelo Mathews (@Angelo69Mathews) October 2, 2019
4. Suresh Raina wished everyone a Happy Gandhi Jayanti
— Suresh Raina🇮🇳 (@ImRaina) October 2, 2019
5. The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others
The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others. Be the change you wish to see in the world. Remembering the father of our nation, thank you for the gift of freedom #GandhiJayanti #Respect 🙏
— yuvraj singh (@YUVSTRONG12) October 2, 2019
6. Brad Hogg mocked the South Africa team by tweeting that they would be happy after the final session of Day-1 was washed out
— Brad Hogg (@Brad_Hogg) October 2, 2019
7. Even the rain gods were waiting to let Rohit Sharma get to his hundred in his new avatar felt Deep Dasgupta
In his new avatar, Rohit is doing what he does best, score big runs. Even the rain Gods were waiting it seems #INDvSA
— Deep Dasgupta (@DeepDasgupta7) October 2, 2019
8. Planet or Plastic? Choose The Planet says, Hardik Pandya as he nominated his mates to take up a pledge
When it comes to the planet, we are all on one team. Planet or Plastic? I #ChooseThePlanet. @imro45 @krunalpandya24 @klrahul11 what about you? I nominate you to #ChooseThePlanet and tag 3 of your friends to take the pledge on @natgeoindia: https://t.co/xBA2v2kJeC pic.twitter.com/fzxJ5NaIMM
— hardik pandya (@hardikpandya7) October 2, 2019
9. For Rohit Sharma, the format doesn’t matter. Scoring centuries have become a habit
— surya77 (@surya_14kumar) October 2, 2019
10. Leg-spinner Yuzvendra Chahal called Rohit Sharma the Real G.O.A.T after he scored his first ton as an opener
Real G.O.A.T 🕺💪 pic.twitter.com/YyjOxMgRe0
— Yuzvendra Chahal (@yuzi_chahal) October 2, 2019
11. Happiness is not something readymade. It comes from your own actions
Happiness is not something ready made .It comes from your own actions ♥️♥️🇦🇫 pic.twitter.com/iZPVk9bsk2
— Rashid Khan (@rashidkhan_19) October 2, 2019
12. Dale Steyn opined that South Africa has to think outside the box to break the opening partnership
Gotta think outside the box here
— Dale Steyn (@DaleSteyn62) October 2, 2019
13. He’s arrived. Let’s hope he’s here to stay!
— Brad Hogg (@Brad_Hogg) October 2, 2019
14. Gary Kirsten to take over from Trevor Bayliss as the new head coach of England?
— Alan Wilkins (@alanwilkins22) October 2, 2019
15. On the 150th birthday anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, Sachin Tendulkar urged everyone to come together to make India Swachh and Swasth
"The world has enough for everyone's need, but not enough for everyone's greed" quoted by Gandhiji signified his views about Mother Earth.
On his 150th birth anniversary it is only fitting that we come together & make India Swachh & Swasth.#SwachhataHiSeva #GandhiJayanti pic.twitter.com/t8A70eXhaK
— Sachin Tendulkar (@sachin_rt) October 2, 2019