Cricketing trends on social media today
Indian Women’s cricketer Punam Raut is getting ready for India’s upcoming Test series against England by putting in some hard work in the gym.
Updated - May 24, 2021 8:16 pm
A number of issues grabbed the spotlight in the cricketing trends on social media today. Abhinav Mukund has tweeted that the best batsmen in the world stood outside the leg stump. Pakistan cricketing legend Shahid Afridi has stated that he can no longer compete in the Pakistan Super League (PSL) because of lower back pain.
Also, Indian Women’s cricketer Punam Raut is getting ready for India’s upcoming Test series against England by putting in some hard work in the gym. Harbhajan Singh has shared the video of a disturbing incident where two people thrashed a boy and forced him to get tested for Covid-19.
Aakash Chopra has tweeted about an incident where a couple decided to marry in a chartered flight because of the current Covid-19 protocols and has labeled humans as a unique race. Also, Ramiz Raja has stated that books, tea, kebabs, and bread have given him company in his first experience under quarantine.
Murali Kartik has confirmed that he is not a part of the commentary panel for the World Test Championship final between India and England. And finally, Shikha Pandey has stated that Science is the only thing that can offer some hope in the fight against Covid-19.
1. Abhinav Mukund states that there was no onus on strike rate in Test match cricket
If you go back 20- 30 years,the best batsmen,greg chappell viv richards even sachin & ponting were all standing outside leg stump. The onus of scoring and strike rate being high was never there in test cricket.
— Abhinav mukund (@mukundabhinav) May 24, 2021
2. Shahid Afridi states that he cannot participate in the remainder of PSL 2021
While training for the remainder of @thePSLt20, I felt lower back pain & had to consult a doctor. Unfortunately I have been advised to rest and can no longer accompany my team @MultanSultans. I am heartbroken 💔 as I was practicing and training really hard. pic.twitter.com/OjaHD1w9cg
— Shahid Afridi (@SAfridiOfficial) May 24, 2021
3. Dhruv Shorey gets vaccinated for Covid-19
— Dhruv Shorey 🇮🇳 (@DhruvShorey) May 24, 2021
4. Irfan Pathan gets ready to donate more oxygen concentrators to help India fight against Covid-19
— Irfan Pathan (@IrfanPathan) May 24, 2021
5. Punam Raut is sweating it out in the gym
— Punam Raut (@raut_punam) May 24, 2021
6. Harbhajan Singh posts the video of a disturbing incident
😡😡😡 such a shame ..why hitting this guy to get tested ?? Is this how we gonna win against the VIRUS ?? So wrong https://t.co/OBOzT0CuvJ
— Harbhajan Turbanator (@harbhajan_singh) May 24, 2021
7. Aakash Chopra labels humans as a unique race
We are a unique race. 🤦♂️ https://t.co/n6sjOMTaYh
— Wear a Mask. Stay Safe, India (@cricketaakash) May 24, 2021
8. Hardik Pandya states that India is in the middle of a tough battle
We’re in the middle of a tough battle that we can win by working together 🙏 https://t.co/VHgeX2NKIT
— hardik pandya (@hardikpandya7) May 24, 2021
9. Ramiz Raja shares his first experience of quarantine life
First experience of a quarantine! Two days in Lahore and 7 more days in UAE. Have Ken Follett’s The Evening And The Morning best seller to ride the tide and home made kababs with bread and yes tanker full of tea to keep me company!
— Ramiz Raja (@iramizraja) May 24, 2021
10. Murali Kartik confirms that he is not a part of the commentary panel for the WTC final
WTC no… England series don't know yet https://t.co/XattPr1xKy
— Kartik Murali (@kartikmurali) May 24, 2021
11. Krunal Pandya states that he is praying for the speedy recovery of people infected with Covid-19
This new batch of Oxygen Concentrators are being dispatched to Covid centres with prayers in our hearts for everyones speedy recovery 🙏
सभी के जल्द स्वस्थ होने की प्रार्थनाऔ के साथ ऑक्सजीन कंसंट्रेटर का यह नया बैच कोविड सेंटर्स में भेजा जा रहा है.🙏 pic.twitter.com/fKKZavNCgp
— Krunal Pandya (@krunalpandya24) May 24, 2021
12. Mohammed Shami is getting some beach vibes
— Mohammad Shami (@MdShami11) May 24, 2021
13. Shreyas Iyer shares his thoughts on the book, A Million Broken Windows
— Shreyas Iyer (@ShreyasIyer15) May 24, 2021
14. Shikha Pandey states that only Science can act as the savior in the fight against Covid-19
SCIENCE is our only hope and saviour in these COVID stricken times.
— Shikha Pandey (@shikhashauny) May 24, 2021
15. Pragyan Ojha is praying for everyone’s safety
— Pragyan Ojha (@pragyanojha) May 24, 2021