Cricketing trends on Social Media today
Here is what the cricketing universe was talking about today.
Updated - Jun 25, 2018 10:20 pm
The cricketing trends on social media today majorly revolved around England’s emphatic win in the last ODI against Australia as well as their 5-0 series victory. On the back of Jos Buttler’s amazing hundred the hosts completed a magnificent chase and with that achieved a rare whitewash over the Aussies. Along with that, the hottest topic in Indian cricket was the anniversary of their first ever World Cup win, on this very day in 1983 Kapil Dev and his men did something that inspired an entire generation of cricketers in India and continues to be a cornerstone.
All that and more in the cricketing trends of the day.
1. Someone just took off with Freddy’s wallet from the gym and has been caught on CCTV.
To the prick who’s just nicked my wallet from @TotalFitness altrincham ,just bring it back you’re on CCTV and now getting the police involved 🤷🏼♂️rt
— andrew flintoff (@flintoff11) June 25, 2018
2. Michael Vaughan knows just how to engage his followers on Twitter. Another poll with an Indian name in it, guess who’ll win?
Come on everyone … Whose the Best Wicket Keeper/Batsman in ODIs ??
— Michael Vaughan (@MichaelVaughan) June 25, 2018
3. Harsha Bhogle is in Aurangabad and it has changed his perception about the place.
In Aurangabad for a day and so enthused by the kind of work entrepreneurs here are doing. So much that is outstanding and yet, in public forums, we remain obsessed with negativity, with dividing people, with political wheeling-dealing.
— Harsha Bhogle (@bhogleharsha) June 25, 2018
4. Monday Blues cannot touch Chris Gayle.
5. Shakib Al Hasan is enjoying the lovely time on a holiday with his wife and child.
6. Sam Curran made his ODI debut, got the cap from legend Jimmy Anderson and England won the game.
— Sam Curran (@CurranSM) June 25, 2018
7. Azhar Mahmood is back with the Men in Green and rejoined them for training in Lahore.
— Azhar Mahmood (@AzharMahmood11) June 25, 2018
8. Master blaster shared the epic moment when Kapil Dev’s team lifted the World Cup in 1983.
— Sachin Tendulkar (@sachin_rt) June 25, 2018
9. Danni Wyatt is enjoying the English summer with Tash Farrant.
A post shared by Danielle Wyatt (@danniwyatt28) on
26 degrees, suns out oooosh!!! ❤️ Love Bristol 😃🏴 pic.twitter.com/W2NEmxWkWN
— Danielle Wyatt (@Danni_Wyatt) June 25, 2018
10. Lisa shared the schedule for Women’s World T20 that was released by ICC earlier today.
— Lisa Sthalekar (@sthalekar93) June 25, 2018
11. Indian pacer Siddarth Kaul also shared Kapil Dev’s photo from the historic moment.
While I was growing up my father used to show me this picture and told me how the whole country rejoiced on 25th June 1983. Today as we celebrate its anniversary I realise that this picture just not provided joy but a direction to Indian cricket. Thank u paaji @therealkapildev 🙏 pic.twitter.com/VQCpeMgC1t
— Siddharth Kaul (@sidkaul22) June 25, 2018
12. And so did Aakash Chopra.
#OnThisDay, 35 years ago, #India won the Cricket World Cup. That moment inspired me to pick up a cricket bat. This #AakashVani is in honour of Kapil's Devils and that epic win at Lord's. What are your favourite World Cup winning moments? pic.twitter.com/1c6xaxd61S
— Aakash Chopra (@cricketaakash) June 25, 2018
13. Suresh Raina clicked a picture with his practice mate Bhuvi after the first session in London.
— Suresh Raina (@ImRaina) June 25, 2018
14. J&K’s new mentor and player Irfan Pathan is excited with the kind of response JKCA’s cricket tournament has got all around the valley.
First time Jkca has organised a cricket tournament for all the districts in jammu & kashmir and response is mind blowing. pic.twitter.com/r4jvSfbvhs
— Irfan Pathan (@IrfanPathan) June 25, 2018
15. Turbanator lauds the gesture by Japanese fans watching the FIFA World Cup game.
A beautiful gesture of love and respect. Let's take a moment and respect the Japanese football fans who helped clean the stadium after the game. Let's learn from this and make sure that wherever we go, we keep our place clean and help in any little way to make other's job easier pic.twitter.com/GftEhR3h3m
— Harbhajan Turbanator (@harbhajan_singh) June 25, 2018
16. Jason Roy terms it a series he will never forget.
A post shared by Jason Roy (@jasonroy20) on