Cricketing Trends on Social Media Today
Here is what the cricketing community was talking about in the last 24 hours.
Updated - Jan 26, 2019 4:47 pm
It is a special occasion for India and Australia on January 26. While it is the Republic Day in India, the Australia Day is celebrated Down Under. Both these teams registered special wins on this special occasion and most of the cricketing trends revolved around these topics. VVS Laxman, Sachin Tendulkar and Harbhajan Singh congratulated the ‘Men in Blue’ for the clinical show against New Zealand.
Mithali Raj and Sandeep Sharma took the opportunity to wish every in India a very happy Republic Day. Also, the Brisbane Heat Women were crowned the champions in Women’s Big Bash League 2018-19. Hence, Chris Lynn and Darren Lehmann had special messages for the team. While Damien Fleming expressed happiness about Australia’s performance, Scott Styris lashed out at the New Zealand Cricket for poor player management.
There was praise for Jason Holder and Shane Dowrich who added together with an unbeaten 295 runs against England. On the other hand, Rashid Khan and Colin Ingram were involved in a fun shoot together. These two players exchanged pleasantries on Twitter.
1. VVS Laxman thoroughly enjoyed the performance from Team India
— VVS Laxman (@VVSLaxman281) January 26, 2019
2. A victory that the Master Blaster found highly convincing
India have been convincing yet again today to go 2 up in the series. The opening partnership was the key & bowlers did the rest. Most sides will have to find a way to score runs against @yuzi_chahal & @imkuldeep18 & not lose too many wickets in the middle overs. #NZvIND pic.twitter.com/OyJVq63h8d
— Sachin Tendulkar (@sachin_rt) January 26, 2019
3. The India Women Test and ODI skipper, Mithali Raj wishes a Happy Republic Day
May we draw strength from our diversity, may we take pride in our unity. Happy Republic Day, India. 🇮🇳 #satyamevajayate
— Mithali Raj (@M_Raj03) January 26, 2019
4. A tribute to the men who work behind the scenes
— Niall John O Brien (@niallnobiobrien) January 26, 2019
5. The Australian team has got most of the boxes ticked after the first Test against Sri Lanka feels Damien Fleming
Well done Aussies 👍
🏏 Cummins elite with 10 wickets 😲
🏏 Richardson on debut swing and pace 👌
🏏 Labuschagne and Head partnership 👏
🏏 Patterson composure with bat and that catch🤗
🏏 Aussies catching🤙#AusvSL
— Damien Fleming (@bowlologist) January 26, 2019
6. Scott Styris unhappy with the way New Zealand Cricket is handling the players
Tough on Colin DeGrandhomme throwing him into matches vs @BCCI when he hasnt played a game this year!! Same for Matt Henry vs SL who hadnt played for 53 days. Henry again on sidelines while Canterbury play. @BLACKCAPS need to improve their player management IMO
— Scott Styris (@scottbstyris) January 26, 2019
7. Congratulations Brisbane Heat Women
— Darren Lehmann (@darren_lehmann) January 26, 2019
8. The Brisbane Heat Women emerge champions. The celebrations make Chris Lynn jealous
Take a bow the @HeatBBL women!!! Quality game of cricket and a huge turn out at Drummoyne. Jealous of the celebrations!!!
— Chris Lynn (@lynny50) January 26, 2019
9. You definitely fell short of words after watching Jason Holder and Shane Dowrich, didn’t you?
— Tino95 (@tinobest) January 26, 2019
10. Kyle Jarvis unveils his ‘I love boobies’ cricket kit to bring awareness about Breast Cancer
— Kyle Jarvis (@KyleJarv89) January 26, 2019
11. Colin Ingram and Rashid Khan have fun shooting for Go Pro
It’s always pleasure and great feeling to bowle to you @CAIngram41 🙏🙏👍🏻😊
— Rashid Khan (@rashidkhan_19) January 25, 2019
12. Michael Vaughan has the ‘improbable’ mantra for England to win the first Test against Windies
Perfect start for England … Bat the 2 days left and it’s 1 – 0 up in the series … #WIvENG
— Michael Vaughan (@MichaelVaughan) January 25, 2019
13. Wishes on the occasion of Australia Day from Russell Arnold
— Russel Arnold (@RusselArnold69) January 25, 2019
14. A thousand salutes to this great nation of ours
A thousand salutes to this great nation of ours. May it become even more prosperous and great.
Happy Republic Day! pic.twitter.com/G2l4TQvYgF
— Sandeep sharma (@sandeep25a) January 26, 2019
15. Harbhajan Singh flattered with special performances from the wrist spinners and the openers
Setting very high standards on the field @imkuldeep18 @yuzi_chahal with ball and with bat these two class players @ImRo45 & @SDhawan25 well done Team India 🇮🇳.. Keep dominating.. proud of you guys..#INDvsNZ
— Harbhajan Turbanator (@harbhajan_singh) January 26, 2019