Cricketing Trends on Social Media today
Rohit Sharma celebrated his 32nd birthday on Monday.
Updated - Apr 30, 2019 11:58 pm
Today’s cricketing trends revolved around the Indian Premier League (IPL) as expected and Rohit Sharma was celebrating his 32nd birthday, which ensured every fan and cricketer came out to wish the Hitman. One of the greatest strikers in the 21st century, Rohit struck three double centuries in his career to go with four tons in International T20s, most by any Indian cricketer in the history. He is also the Indian vice-captain currently and is eager to help India win their third World Cup.
In the Indian Premier League, Sunrisers Hyderabad had a mixed emotions day on Monday and Tuesday. While they rejoiced their win over Kings XI Punjab, they also received a huge setback as David Warner leaves the Orange Army to join Australia’s World Cup preparations. Warner currently holds possession of the Orange Cup with a staggering 692 runs in just 12 knocks.
As if the “Avengers – End Game” didn’t give enough chills to the fans, Game of Thrones struck lightning on Monday with arguably one of the finest battle sequences ever portrayed on television. Well, all the GoT fans in the cricketing universe went bonkers about it and Shikha Pandey’s tweet was a testament to how the fans are feeling right now.
Royal Challengers Bangalore and Rajasthan Royals combat in Bangalore in a tussle to ensure neither end at the bottom. It will be an interesting contest for the fans to witness although it doesn’t impact the points table much.
1. Carlos impressed by Gopal’s hat-trick
Take a Bow Gopal , you won’t get much better Hattricks than that 🤭
— Carlos Brathwaite (@TridentSportsX) April 30, 2019
2. Aakash Chopra reveals the commentary schedule for tonight
— Aakash Chopra (@cricketaakash) April 30, 2019
3. Shikha Pandey loved the “Arya Stark” moment
— Shikha Pandey (@shikhashauny) April 30, 2019
4. Danny Morrison shares a picture from the commentary box
— Danny Morrison (@SteelyDan66) April 30, 2019
5. Rishabh Pant’s verbal tribute to MSD
— Rishabh Pant (@RishabPant777) April 30, 2019
6. Rashid sends his best wishes to Rohit Sharma
Wish you a very happy happy birthday HitMan @ImRo45 Bhai 🎂🎂🎂
— Rashid Khan (@rashidkhan_19) April 30, 2019
7. Styris shares his work out results; Gibbs takes a dig
😴😴😴 I’d fall asleep going that slow Scotti 🤣
— Herschelle Gibbs (@hershybru) April 30, 2019
8. Flintoff appreciates KP; KP reverts
Thanks, Uncle Fred!
— Kevin Pietersen🦏 (@KP24) April 30, 2019
9. Ishant Sharma relives one of his greatest memories as Indian cricket
View this post on Instagram
● THROWBACK SERIES ● (Memory 1/3) — “Lords Test, 2014” 21st July, 2014 : One of my fond memories of that year and even today, team India won a test at Lord’s after 28 years. India proved themselves as a strong fight, we became better competitors and definitely came back with a lot of learning. Being awarded as the man of the match, was definitely a blessing but till date I remember the words I said – "The way batsmen played in the first innings, Ajinkya played really well in the first innings, that gave us the momentum. Also the way Vijay played, Jaddu and Bhuvi also. Cricket is a great leveller, the way MS bhai handled the team, the way he keeps on motivating the guys. I think all these wickets are not for me, it is for the captain. He told me, 'you are tall enough, you have to bowl the bouncer,' that's what I did and it worked for me." Maximum team effort and team spirit!! 🏏 #teamindia #2014 #lords
A post shared by Ishant Sharma (@ishant.sharma29) on
10. Rohan Gavaskar loves the classics
Good day to read this classic !! Chang ! pic.twitter.com/N4k2eyYoRO
— Rohan Gavaskar (@rohangava9) April 30, 2019
11. Kevin O’Brien set for a new T20 challenge
— Kevin O'Brien (@KevinOBrien113) April 30, 2019
12. Sangakkara urges Sri Lanka to stand tall and together in the hour of grief
View this post on Instagram
Let us stand together and unite as one Sri Lanka to help the victims of the tragedy that took place on the 21st of April by providing aid that will help them rebuild their lives. Donate now on https://www.gofundme.com/zc3n56-sri-lanka-uniteasone to help Sri Lanka during its hour of need. Join us. Let's #UniteAsOne. Sri Lanka #UniteAsOne, an initiative by Trail in partnership with Sri Lanka Red Cross Society, aims to raise USD 1 million to be channeled to dedicated projects structured by the Sri Lanka Red Cross focusing on: – Immediate health and livelihood requirements – Providing psychosocial support – Education – Strengthening ethnic harmony and understanding Let’s unite to restore and rebuild our nation.
A post shared by Kumar Sangakkara Personal Page (@sangalefthander) on
13. Manjrekar joins a new panel as a columnist
Glad to be on board guys! https://t.co/petMi9HVHU
— Sanjay Manjrekar (@sanjaymanjrekar) April 30, 2019
14. Not just Saha, a lot of them will be missing Warner!
Will miss you “Champ”
— Wriddhiman Saha (@Wriddhipops) April 30, 2019
15. From the head coach to the vice-captain!
— Ravi Shastri (@RaviShastriOfc) April 30, 2019