BBL 2018-2019, Match 49: Sydney Sixers vs Sydney Thunder: Fantain Fantasy Cricket Tips – Playing XI, Pitch report and Team combination
It’s time for the Sydney derby as the in-form Sixers take on the Thunder.
Published - Feb 2, 2019 12:58 pm | Updated - Feb 2, 2019 12:58 pm
Sydney Sixers take on cross-city rivals Sydney Thunder in match number 49 of the BBL. While the former occupies the third spot on the points table, the latter sits at number five. With three back-to-back wins, the Sixers are experiencing a rich vein of form. They just need one victory to cement their spot in the semi-finals and Moises Henriques will be desperate to seal the deal in this fixture. On the other hand, Sydney Thunder has been inconsistent in the tournament thus far.
A loss would mean that they’d have to pack their bags. With just five victories in the tournament, a fifth position on the grid isn’t an ideal situation to be in towards the business end of the league. What makes this fixture interesting is that regardless of who loses, the Sydney crowd with be cheering the loudest.
The Sydney Cricket Ground
- Of the eight most recent matches played here, six have been won by teams batting second
- The reason for this is that the pitch here tends to ease up as the game progresses
- What’s more, the spinners tend to fare better here
- Finally, note that the average 1st innings score from the eight most recent games has been 145
Here’s more average scores data for all other matches held here:
Avg 1st inn score: 164
Avg 2nd inn score: 149
Highest Total: 221/5 (20 Ov) by AUS vs Eng
Highest Chased: 200/3 (20 Ov) by IND vs AUS
Lowest Defended: 150/7 (20 Ov) by AUS vs NZ
Likely Playing XI –
Dan Hughes, Josh Philippe, Moises Henriques (C), Jordan Silk, James Vince, Sean Abbott, Tom Curran, Steve O’Keefe, Ben Dwarshuis, Lloyd Pope and Ben Manenti.
We don’t expect the Sixers to make any changes to their squad and they’re likely to play the same side that met Adelaide. They are the favourites in this challenge and have every chance of coming out on top.
Form Factor: LLWWW
- Ben Dwarshuis did very well and is a good pick for the lineup
- Tom Curran is always a must-have in your lineup
- Also, Daniel Hughes can be your captain.
Anton Devcich, Shane Watson (C), Jason Sangha, Chris Green, Callum Ferguson, Baxter Holt (WK), Daniel Sams, Chris Jordan, Fawad Ahmed, Jono Cook and Gurinder Sandhu.
Again, we don’t foresee changes in this team either but an extra batsman could be crucial to the team in reaching the semi-finals.
Form Factor: W, NR, L, W, L
- Ferguson is easily one of the most feared batsmen in the league. You’d want to have bankable players in your line-up and Ferguson fits the bill perfectly
- Shane Watson and Fawad Ahmed are two other players to pick as well
Fantain Fantasy XI
Jay Lenton – Wk-Keeper – 8
C Ferguson – Batsman – 9
D Hughes – Batsman – 9
S Watson – Batsman – 10
J Philippe – Batsman – 8
S Abbott – Bowler – 9
Tom Curran – Bowler – 9
B Dwarhuis – Bowler – 8
F Ahmed – Bowler – 9
D Sams ( C ) – All-Rounder – 8
S O’Keefe ( VC ) – All-Rounder – 8
This is our Fantain Fantasy XI but you’re the real expert.
So check-in to Fantain, enter the various contests on offer and remember, #PlaySmartWinBig