Are you passionate about cricket and have deep understanding of the game? Always wanted to become a writer or have sports journalism aspirations? We have a platform that gives you the opportunity to reach millions of readers across the globe.
CricTracker, the new-age cricket platform with ever growing readership is constantly looking for Content writers, Guest Authors and Freelance writers, experienced and freshers who can enrich the audience with high-quality, well researched pieces of content across various categories.
What we publish?
CricTracker publishes News articles, Trending stories, Match Reports, Feature articles, Interviews, Analysis, Match predication, Cricket fantasy guide, Statistical pieces as well as Listicles and a lot more.
Content write Guidelines?
A. The content should be minimum 350 words (for News and Trending stories)
- If it is a news piece try to not stretch it beyond 500, in case there is a lot of content cut down the less important parts and just describe it in your own language.
- Your content should dominate the article and not quotes, It is important to extend the description beyond the initial paras and maintain uniformity until the end.
- The introductory para should be used as a lead, put out some part of the information and talk about that in detail. It is important to ensure a reader reads through the entire article. At the same time also take care that it is not too vague, would kill the interest otherwise.
B. The paragraph length for all the articles should be 4-5 lines consistent through the entire article, less or more than that disturbs the reader flow.
- If it is a News the first two paras should be your description and should not include "quotes". You can describe the quotes there but avoid using them directly.
- Mention the source of quotes, if it is from any other portal. In case of pre/post-match press conference mention that.
C. Do not repeat lines or parts from a previous article on the same subject, you can convey the same information but use a new pattern to describe. Doing that with the content is distasteful.
D. Use subheadings in all the articles
E. Revisit and copy edit the article before submitting it for review.
F. While writing long posts try to define an outline before you start, take it steps wise to the main subject and then paint the picture. Think of it from a story teller's perspective, you have to create that interest amongst the readers, eagerness to know what is there in it now, and then a sense of satisfaction at the end.
- Back your claims with stats and facts to pack a punch and to deliver it with authority.
How to Apply?
To become an Author for CricTracker write to us on email@example.com on an original topic that is the best example of your writing abilities and conveys your understanding of the game.