Cricketing Trends on Social Media today
Here's how the cricketers spent their day on Twitter and Instagram today.
Published - Feb 1, 2020 7:56 pm | Updated - Feb 1, 2020 7:56 pm
The cricketing trends on social media revolved around a number of events. Iqbal Abdullah, the Mumbai spinner, reckons that one should not expect an expensive gift like ‘honesty’ from cheap people. Kyle Jarvis thanked Zimbabwe mate Sikandar Raza for all the support. Raza was recently adjudged the Player of the Match in Zimbabwe’s second Test against Sri Lanka at the Harare Sport Club. He picked up eight wickets in the match and also turned up with some useful runs.
Former Australian spinner Brad Hogg feels that team should opt to bat first in the BBL. In the Eliminator, Qualifier and Knockout, the chasing teams went on to lose the match. Sydney Thunder have won both the Eliminator and the knockout, batting first against Hobart Hurricanes and Adelaide Strikers respectively. RP Singh thanked BCCI president Sourav Ganguly and secretary Jay Shah after he was appointed as a member of the Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC).
Grant Elliot and Tom Moody have called for changes in the Super Over. The third and fourth T20I between India and New Zealand went into the one-over eliminator. On both instances, the visitors came out trumps. Moody believes that a separate toss should be taking place prior to the Super Over . Sandeep Lamichhane congratulated Nepal teammate Sompal Kami after the latter got married. Yuzvendra Chahal posted a hilarious video on tik-tok.
1. Iqbal Abdullah’s words of wisdom
2. Kyle Jarvis thanks Sikandar Raza
— Kyle Jarvis (@KyleJarv89) February 1, 2020
3. Brad Hogg’s ‘win toss, bat first’ tactic in the BBL finals
— Brad Hogg (@Brad_Hogg) February 1, 2020
4. RP Singh thanks BCCI, Sourav Ganguly and Jay Shah
Thank you @BCCI ,@JayShah and my former Captain @SGanguly99 for this new responsibility. As a player, I have always tried to give my best and the same will be my motto as a CAC member. Also thanks to all my fans for their warm wishes.
— R P Singh रुद्र प्रताप सिंह (@rpsingh) February 1, 2020
5. Shoaib Akhtar goes down the memory lane to the ‘underarm’ saga
On this day 39 years ago, with New Zealand needing six off the last ball to tie, Greg Chappell ordered his brother – Trevor – to bowl underarm.
The tactic caused controversy and was quickly banned.
Who all remember this? pic.twitter.com/Kz9yve0QhM
— Shoaib Akhtar (@shoaib100mph) February 1, 2020
6. Irfan Pathan calls tells the positive and negative aspect of social media
— Irfan Pathan (@IrfanPathan) February 1, 2020
7. Mohammad Irfan congratulates Pakistan U19 after victory over Afghanistan U19
— Mohammad Irfan (@M_IrfanOfficial) February 1, 2020
8. Grant Elliot calls for a change in Super Over rules
— Grant Elliott (@grantelliottnz) February 1, 2020
9. Kedar Jadhav off to New Zealand
Off to Newzeeland ✈️ pic.twitter.com/J47WReOw2I
— IamKedar (@JadhavKedar) February 1, 2020
10. Kevin Pietersen ready to embrace spring
Loving how it’s getting lighter earlier & darker later…spring coming!
— Kevin Pietersen🦏 (@KP24) February 1, 2020
11. Tom Moody calls for change in Super Over rules
With all these #SuperOvers being played out, I’d like to make two suggestions.
1. A new toss to be conducted for the super over.
2. The bowling side to nominate two bowlers to deliver 3 balls each in the super over. #cricket #foodforthought @ICC
— Tom Moody (@TomMoodyCricket) February 1, 2020
12. Sandeep Lamichhane congratulates Sompal Kami on his marriage
— Sandeep Lamichhane (@IamSandeep25) February 1, 2020
13. Temba Bavuma delighted by Lions’ victory over Titans
— Temba Bavuma (@tbavuma10) February 1, 2020
14. Mithali Raj reminiscing Kobe Bryant
— Mithali Raj (@M_Raj03) February 1, 2020
15. Yuzvendra Chahal on tik-tok
Off field performance on point 🕺 pic.twitter.com/2LRswnVWNs
— Yuzvendra Chahal (@yuzi_chahal) February 1, 2020