Cricketing Trends on Social Media today
Here is how the cricketers spent their day on Twitter and Instagram today.
Published - Jan 1, 2020 7:24 pm | Updated - Jan 1, 2020 7:24 pm
The cricketing trends on social media revolved around a number of events. Today, the cricketing fraternity celebrated the first day of the year 2020 and cricketers like Kevin Pietersen, Rohit Sharma, Sandeep Lamichhanne and many more wished their fans on this special occasion. Jalaj Saxena wished for the well-being of the Indian soldiers for protecting the nation from all types of external forces.
Meanwhile, Perth Scorchers and Brisbane Heat were involved in the first game of the year 2020 in Big Bash League. The game was won by Scorchers on the back of some commendable performance given by Zahir Khan, who registered brilliant bowling figures of 3/18. He was also awarded Man of The Match for his brilliance. Also, Brad Hogg, the former Aussie leg-spinner praised the Heat’s leg-spinner saying that he is a magician.
Kevin Pietersen has given his opinion ahead of the 2nd Test between SA and England. He feels that England should drop one bowler between Stuart Broad and James Anderson for a perfect team combination. Otherwise, they will again struggle against Proteas in the first game of the year 2020.
1. Kevin Pietersen joins Tik Tok and gives an update about the views
— Kevin Pietersen🦏 (@KP24) January 1, 2020
2. Ramiz Raja wishes everyone Happy New Year
Wishing you all a great 2020 and may the year bring out the best in us in compassion, reason and patience.
— Ramiz Raja (@iramizraja) January 1, 2020
3. Jalaj Saxena wishes soldiers Happy New Year and prays for their good health
Wishing everyone a very Happy New Year and my prayers and wishes to those who are protecting our borders to make sure we are safe. Love and Light to everyone! https://t.co/xqozhEYtPE
— Jalaj Saxena (@jalajsaxena33) January 1, 2020
4. Kuldeep Yadav recites about the learnings and good times of the year 2019
Lots of learnings and good times in the last year! On to #2020 – Happy New Year 🎇🙌🏻 pic.twitter.com/1z53QdJyVD
— Kuldeep yadav (@imkuldeep18) January 1, 2020
5. James Taylor is happy to be able to run after long four years and happy to be back on track
First time I’ve run in just under 4 years! What a great feeling. Start the year as you mean to go on! Absolutely loved it. 👊👌🏃 #SlowAndSteady
— James Taylor (@jamestaylor20) January 1, 2020
6. Sandeep Lamichhane had a great year and greets his fans with blessings
Wishing you all a very Happy New Year 2020. Last year was absolutely amazing, with lots of ups and downs, moments I enjoyed a lot both on the field and off the field. Very grateful to all the supporters so far. Hope you guys enjoy this year to the fullest. Stay Blessed. pic.twitter.com/u6iCwdjBtR
— Sandeep Lamichhane (@IamSandeep25) January 1, 2020
7. Kevin Pietersen feels England will have to drop Broad or Anderson in the 2nd Test
England HAVE TO drop either Broad or Anderson for Newlands & play another batter, if they want to win…!
— Kevin Pietersen🦏 (@KP24) January 1, 2020
8. Rohit Sharma shares a still with his wife and daughter wishing his fans Happy New Year
Happy new year to all you peeps from the Sharma’s 😉😎 pic.twitter.com/Sf9lR9PWEg
— Rohit Sharma (@ImRo45) January 1, 2020
9. Sheldon Cotterell thanks Indian fans for their heartwarming gestures and love
Goodmorning. Happy New Year. So many reasons to come to Jamaica 🇯🇲 the beaches, the food, the music. Lot’s of reasons for me to return to India too! Tnx for the love. It is returned #humbleandgrateful https://t.co/jpVqLEQAlf
— Sheldon Cotterell (@SaluteCotterell) January 1, 2020
10. Steve Smith spent New Year eve with his wife
New Year’s Day with the wife https://t.co/NfbpWvFMeR
— Steve Smith (@stevesmith49) January 1, 2020
11. Mike Atherton feels that it is not a great idea to reduce Test cricket to 4-day format
Well said athers…never understand how people don’t want more test cricket. Take the 2 Boxing Day tests just completed.contrasting conditions but proper entertainment. Beats any other format hands down.
— Herschelle Gibbs (@hershybru) January 1, 2020
12. Shai Hope shares a collage of throwback pictures with his national side from the year 2019
— Shai Hope (@shaidhope) January 1, 2020
13. Brad Hogg is astonished after watching the bowling of Zahir Khan in Big Bash League 2019-20
— Brad Hogg (@Brad_Hogg) January 1, 2020
14. Dale Steyn will play for Islamabad United in the upcoming season of Pakistan Super League
— Dale Steyn (@DaleSteyn62) January 1, 2020
15. Tom Moody praises Ben Laughlin for taking 100 wickets in Big Bash League
— Tom Moody (@TomMoodyCricket) January 1, 2020