Cricketing Trends on Social Media today
Here's how the fraternity spent its day on social media platforms.
Published - Sep 3, 2019 4:04 pm | Updated - Oct 10, 2019 2:01 pm
Indian legendary batsman Mithali Raj announced her retirement from T20 international cricket today. Thus, there were quite a few trends that revolved around this topic. Shikha Pandey compared her precision of driving the ball through the covers with bisecting a line with a compass during school days. Cheteshwar Pujara and Shikhar Dhawan congratulated her on a wonderful career. Danielle Wyatt tweeted that it was a pleasure playing with and against the 36-year-old.
Also, Indian pacer Mohammed Shami turned 29 today. On this occasion, his fast bowling counterpart Umesh Yadav wished him a happy birthday. On the other hand, Harbhajan Singh put up a late birthday wish for Ishant Sharma whose birthday was celebrated yesterday. In the other trends, Pakistan cricketer Ahmad Shahzad was involved in an interactive session with the fans on Twitter. When asked about his favourite current song, he replied: ‘Bada Pachtaoge’. Furthermore, India’s Test vice-captain Ajinkya Rahane expressed happiness about the series win in the West Indies and seemed contented with his performances.
1. Shikha Pandey puts the greatness of Mithali Raj into words after the latter announced her T20I retirement
In school, we were taught to bisect a line using a compass. The geometry classes continued to transpire even when I joined the Indian team. Whenever @M_Raj03 di goes out to bat, it is the same. No matter how many fielders are at cover, she always bisects the gap perfectly.
— Shikha Pandey (@shikhashauny) September 3, 2019
2. Team India members celebrate Ishant Sharma and Mohammed Shami’s birthday together
— Umesh Yaadav (@y_umesh) September 3, 2019
3. Early morning coffee time for Ravichandran Ashwin and Ajinkya Rahane
— Ashwin Ravichandran (@ashwinravi99) September 3, 2019
4. Cheteshwar Pujara congratulated Mithali Raj on a great T20I career and said that she is an inspiration to many girls
— cheteshwar pujara (@cheteshwar1) September 3, 2019
5. Can’t get funnier than this one, can it?
— Bishan Bedi (@BishanBedi) September 3, 2019
6. Ahmad Shahzad reveals his favourite song at the moment
Bara pachtaooge https://t.co/b9G3kactMJ
— Ahmad Shahzad ???????? (@iamAhmadshahzad) September 3, 2019
7. Late wishes for Ishant Sharma but the perfect picture to make up for the delay
— Harbhajan Turbanator (@harbhajan_singh) September 3, 2019
8. Shikhar Dhawan thanked Mithali Raj for her services in T20I cricket
Thank you @M_Raj03 for your amazing T20 international career. You are truly an inspiration & role model to many.. ???? ????
— Shikhar Dhawan (@SDhawan25) September 3, 2019
9. Nothing better than contributing to team’s win tweeted Ajinkya Rahane
Nothing better than contributing to team’s win. Delighted to win the series ✌???? pic.twitter.com/OjXprVWV2v
— Ajinkya Rahane (@ajinkyarahane88) September 3, 2019
10. Tom Curran excited about the upcoming edition of the Mzansi Super League
— Tom Curran (@TC59) September 3, 2019
11. Kumar Sangakkara quashes all the rumours about him entering into politics
Please ignore pictures circulating on Sri Lankan social media about my entry into politics. It’s fake news.
— Kumar Sangakkara (@KumarSanga2) September 3, 2019
12. Danielle Wyatt wrote that it was a pleasure to play against and with Mithali Raj
— Danielle Wyatt (@Danni_Wyatt) September 3, 2019
13. Ben Cutting isn’t amused with Australia’s decision to drop Usman Khawaja for the fourth Test
Captain the tour match, score 72 but thanks for your service. How do you not select a bloke who avgs 40 in one of the most important test matches in recent history? The way Jofra is going, Uzi will bat 2nd innings as concussion replacement for someone anyway.
— Ben Cutting (@Cuttsy31) September 3, 2019
14. Thisara Perera clicks a candid selfie with his wife while on the flight to West Indies
— Thisara perera (@PereraThisara) September 3, 2019
15. Veda Krishnamurthy wished Sadhguru on his birthday and hoped that Rally for Rivers turns out to be a success
— Veda Krishnamurthy (@vedakmurthy08) September 3, 2019