Cricketing Trends on Social Media Today
Here is what the cricketing community was talking about in the last 24 hours.
Updated - Mar 14, 2019 8:41 pm
The IPL 2019 season is just a few days away. KKR player Robin Uthappa shared a tweet where he was clicked during the practice session. The other trends on the day revolved around the historic Test match between Afghanistan and Ireland that will be played tomorrow. While Ed Joyce shared a group picture of the Ireland team, spinner Zahir Khan posted another picture with his teammates. Karim Sadiq shared a selfie from the wedding party of his teammate Najeeb Zadran.
Meanwhile, India’s Test vice-captain Ajinkya Rahane wished Bollywood actor Aamir Khan on his birthday. Furthermore, he also shared his ‘life mantra’ in the same tweet. Tabraiz Shamsi had a tweet for JP Duminy who returned after his injury and played a great knock immediately in the 4th ODI against Sri Lanka. Rashid Khan put up a tweet for his father who passed away recently. He wrote that he misses the warm hugs of his dad.
1. Ajinkya Rahane wishes Aamir Khan on his birthday. Recalls a famous dialogue from one of his movies
"Success ke piche mat bhaago, excellence, excellence ke peeche bhaago!" My go to mantra for every situation in life! Happiest birthday my favourite actor, @aamir_khan. #HappyBirthdayAamirKhan pic.twitter.com/qlTUG6JwiO
— Ajinkya Rahane (@ajinkyarahane88) March 14, 2019
2. The Afghanistan cricketers gear up for the historic Test match against Ireland
— zahir khan (@zahirkh11176152) March 13, 2019
3. Robin Uthappa practises hard ahead of IPL 2019
— Robin Aiyuda Uthappa (@robbieuthappa) March 14, 2019
4. Karim Sadiq shares a selfie from the wedding party of Najeeb Zadran
Najeeb Zadran weeding party!!
to you and your family happy life to you brother
واده دی مبارک شه pic.twitter.com/cMKzq8lLsK
— KARIM SADIQ (@karimkhansadiq) March 14, 2019
5. Chris Woakes thanks Stuart Broad for the invite to a football match
— Chris Woakes (@chriswoakes) March 14, 2019
6. Graeme Swann curses himself for being logistically stupid
I’m sitting at home with everything crossed hoping my passport returns today from the @IndianEmbassyUK so I can fly to Switzerland for my friends 40th. Can’t believe how logistically stupid I’ve been 😫🙄🙁
— Graeme Swann (@Swannyg66) March 14, 2019
7. Ian Bell had a small hit at the nets despite the leg injury
— Ian Bell (@Ian_Bell) March 14, 2019
8. Naill O’Brien shares a selfie from his holiday
— Niall John O Brien (@niallnobiobrien) March 14, 2019
9. Jimmy Neesham updates his Twitter profile picture
— Jimmy Neesham (@JimmyNeesh) March 14, 2019
10. Rashid Khan misses his dad
— Rashid Khan (@rashidkhan_19) March 14, 2019
11. Tabraiz Shamsi welcomes JP Duminy back with a tweet after the win against Sri Lanka in the 4th ODI
— Tabraiz Shamsi (@shamsi90) March 14, 2019
12. Ed Joyce shares a group picture of the Ireland team before the Test match against Afghanistan
— Ed Joyce (@edjoyce24) March 14, 2019
13. Who cares?
A headline on the news this morning, Instagram & Facebook we’re down yesterday for a few hours.
WHO CARES?!?! 🤮
— Kevin Pietersen🦏 (@KP24) March 14, 2019
14. Let’s not forget that Australia played some exceptional cricket
Focus has been so Much on what #TeamIndia haven’t done, let’s not forget #Australia have played some exceptional cricket on this tour, and not just a single player could be given all the credit, total team effort #INDvsAUS 👏🏼 #BadriBytes
— subramani badrinath (@s_badrinath) March 14, 2019
15. VVS Laxman recalls the memorable partnership with Rahul Dravid in 2001
18 years ago #OnThisDay ,I had the good fortune of playing my part in a memorable Test match victory against Australia at the Eden Gardens. Was a complete team effort, and a test match victory I am very proud to have been a part of. pic.twitter.com/bAg9xUe3oK
— VVS Laxman (@VVSLaxman281) March 14, 2019