Cricketing trends on social media today
Sri Lankan bowling legend Muttiah Muralitharan suffered a heart attack and has been admitted to the hospital.
Updated - Apr 19, 2021 10:42 pm
Two political bigwigs have tested positive for the coronavirus. News has come in that former Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekar Rao have both been infected with Covid-19. And, a few cricketers have wished both these politicians a speedy recovery.
Meanwhile, Sri Lankan bowling legend Muttiah Muralitharan suffered a heart attack and has been admitted to the hospital. And, former Indian cricketer Pragyan Ojha has wished Muralitharan a speedy recovery. Krunal Pandya is pumping it up in the gym ahead of Mumbai Indians’ (MI) next match against the Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) side.
Today is also a special day for Hardik Pandya, as he has completed 6 years with the Mumbai franchise. And, Pandya has posted a special video on this occasion. Deepak Hooda is celebrating his 26th birthday today, and Punjab Kings’ (PBKS) Head Coach Wasim Jaffer has wished the right-handed batsman on his birthday.
Sanjay Manjrekar is extremely impressed with CSK batsman Moeen Ali. And finally, India Women’s cricketer Shikha Pandey has urged the public to take the necessary precautions against Covid-19.
1. Mohammad Kaif reckons that Shikhar Dhawan is an IPL star
@SDhawan25 is the rare batsman who looks solid even while playing fearless cricket. Cutting risks without compromising the strike-rate is the mark of a great T20 batsman. Gabbar is an IPL Super Star. pic.twitter.com/OUFTNCQpDq
— Mohammad Kaif (@MohammadKaif) April 19, 2021
2. Krunal Pandya is sweating it out in the gym
— Krunal Pandya (@krunalpandya24) April 19, 2021
3. Pragyan Ojha wishes Sri Lankan legend Muttiah Muralitharan a speedy recovery
— Pragyan Ojha (@pragyanojha) April 19, 2021
4. Brad Hogg lists down the battles to watch out for in the match between CSK and RR
— Brad Hogg (@Brad_Hogg) April 19, 2021
5. Wasim Jaffer wishes Deepak Hooda on his birthday
— Wasim Jaffer (@WasimJaffer14) April 19, 2021
6. Rohan Gavaskar opines on the moment of IPL 2021
— Rohan Gavaskar (@rohangava9) April 19, 2021
7. Kris Srikkanth lauds the CSK side for their batting effort against RR
A great team effort by @ChennaiIPL batsman to put a strong total on the board! Looks like the Yellow brigade is back! Special mention to the youngster #sakariya on a brilliant spell! #rrvscsk #IPL2021
— Kris Srikkanth (@KrisSrikkanth) April 19, 2021
8. Harbhajan Singh wishes Manmohan Singh a speedy recovery
Wishing #DrManMohanSingh ji speedy recovery 🙏🙏
— Harbhajan Turbanator (@harbhajan_singh) April 19, 2021
9. Sanjay Manjrekar heaps praise on CSK player Moeen Ali
Moeen has been pure class with the bat so far this season! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼#CSKvsRR
— Sanjay Manjrekar (@sanjaymanjrekar) April 19, 2021
10. VVS Laxman wishes Telangana CM KCR a speedy recovery
— VVS Laxman (@VVSLaxman281) April 19, 2021
11. Hemang Badani wonders about the total that the CSK side will end up with in their first innings
— Hemang Badani (@hemangkbadani) April 19, 2021
12. Shikha Pandey urges everybody to wear a mask
Please wear a mask, wash your hands frequently, follow social distancing, & if eligible, get yourself vaccinated.
That’s the least we can do for all the health workers & essential service providers toiling hard out there. Please,let’s follow all the necessary safety protocols.🙏🏾
— Shikha Pandey (@shikhashauny) April 19, 2021
13. Hardik Pandya reflects back on his incredible journey with the Mumbai Indians side
A walk down memory lane and looking back at 6 extraordinary years with a team so close to my heart @mipaltan 💙 To the management, staff, teammates and fans who’ve been with me on this journey, thank you from the bottom of my heart 🙏 pic.twitter.com/lLe63fXP1J
— hardik pandya (@hardikpandya7) April 19, 2021
14. Subramaniam Badrinath feels that CSK have to field and bowl well to win against RR
— S.Badrinath (@s_badrinath) April 19, 2021
15. Lisa Sthalekar showers praise on Dwayne Bravo for his cameo against the Rajasthan Royals
— Lisa Sthalekar (@sthalekar93) April 19, 2021