Cricketing Trends on Social Media Today
Here's how the cricketers spent their day on social media platforms.
Updated - Aug 29, 2020 11:23 pm
Twitter erupted after multiple CSK members tested positive for coronavirus. It was reported that 13 members of the CSK have tested COVID-19 positive and one of them is their premier pacer Deepak Chahar. Along with Chahar, CSK youngster Ruturaj Gaikwad has also tested positive as per reports.
Wishes poured in for CSK members who’ve been isolated until they recover. The news has also delayed plans of kick-starting their IPL 2020 preparations. The members will only be allowed to join their teammates after testing negative for COVID-19 twice.
To add to CSK’s woes, their vice-captain Suresh Raina also pulled out of the tournament citing personal reasons. However, according to reports, he was terrified after witnessing the current state of CSK camp. CSK will have a tough task to fill the void. Raina even had a chat with head coach Stephen Fleming and skipper MS Dhoni, who tried to calm him down and make him change his mind. But it eventually wasn’t enough to convince him to alter his decision.
Players of other franchises, meanwhile, shared pictures and clips of themselves from UAE. As many as six teams have flagged off their tournament preparations before the T20 extravaganza of IPL 2020 kicks off from September 19th.
1. Aakash Chopra opines on the current COVID-19 situation
That’s where the mainstream media plays a big role…if you stop talking about it, people also start behaving as if it’s no longer a problem. Not defending the #COVIDIOTS who aren’t wearing masks but media mustn’t shy away from their duties too…
— Aakash Chopra (@cricketaakash) August 29, 2020
2. KXIP share Mandeep Singh’s clip
— Kings XI Punjab (@lionsdenkxip) August 29, 2020
3. Washington Sundar celebrates National Sports Day
— Washington Sundar (@Sundarwashi5) August 29, 2020
4. KL Rahul pays tribute to Major Dhyan Chand on National Sports Day
— K L Rahul (@klrahul11) August 29, 2020
5. Rahul Chahar wishes brother Deepak a speedy recovery
— Rahul Chahar (@rdchahar1) August 29, 2020
6. Mumbai Indians share training clips ahead of IPL 2020 campaign
— Mumbai Indians (@mipaltan) August 29, 2020
7. Cheteshwar Pujara encourages people to pick up a sport on National Sports Day
On This #NationalSportsDay,
would encourage you all to pickup a sport that you enjoy – it teaches you so many invaluable lessons that will stay with you for life.#discipline #resilience #character #teamwork #humility pic.twitter.com/bfm58zSQgT
— cheteshwar pujara (@cheteshwar1) August 29, 2020
8. Sachin Tendulkar congratulates players who’ve won Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award
Wishing you all the very best.
— Sachin Tendulkar (@sachin_rt) August 29, 2020
9. Ravi Bopara reminisces his List A debut
Feel old yet??? https://t.co/mGccNNXeGo
— Ravi Bopara (@ravibopara) August 29, 2020
10. Fan shares a clip of Virender Sehwag’s batting skills
— chaitanya (@chaitu_20) August 29, 2020
11. Rashid Khan comes forward and asks people to donate for Afghanistan floods
100’s of home have been destroyed & many displayed due to the recent flooding in #Afghanistan. With ur help, we can provide basic necessities & shelter to the victims. Plz support my online campaign,any help will be greatly appreciated.
— Rashid Khan (@rashidkhan_19) August 29, 2020
12. Rishabh Pant shares a clip from his quarantine period
Locked down but Charged up 🌪
Rishabh ~Pant~ < Rishabh Stunt 😎 @DelhiCapitals
— Rishabh Pant (@RishabhPant17) August 29, 2020
13. Virat Kohli pays tribute to Major Dhyan Chand
— Virat Kohli (@imVkohli) August 29, 2020
14. Yuvraj Singh pays tribute to Chadwick Boseman
A story of not giving up till the end! A battle bigger on the inside than the outside! But in the end you never show and you never know which one to conquer! #WakandaForever pic.twitter.com/sHmrukXDSp
— Yuvraj Singh (@YUVSTRONG12) August 29, 2020
15. Babar Azam set to play for Somerset
BREAKING: It's official! Babar Azam will play for Somerset in the 2020 Vitality Blast!! 💥
— Somerset Cricket 🏏 (@SomersetCCC) August 29, 2020