Cricketing Trends on Social Media today
Here is how the cricketers spent their day on Twitter and Instagram today.
Updated - Dec 29, 2019 8:41 pm
The cricketing trends on social media revolved around a number of events. Today Australia defeated New Zealand in the 2nd Test of the three-match Test series at Melbourne Cricket Ground in Melbourne. The hosts also took a series winning lead of 2-0 over the visitors as they registered an emphatic win by a margin of 247 runs.
Travis Head was awarded as Man of the Match for scoring a brilliant ton in the first innings. For New Zealand, Tom Blundell smashed his first Test ton in international circuit and was applauded for his determined knock by the spectators. Cricketing fraternity congratulated Aussie cricket team on social media platforms and also lauded Kiwis’ for their brilliant fight.
On the other hand, South Africa registered a thumping victory against England by 107 runs in the Boxing day Test in Centurion. Now, they are leading the four-match series by 1-0. It was Proteas’ first win in their last six games in the longer format on the back of performances produced by their bowlers and batsmen in tough situations. Quinton de Kock was given Man of the Match for his brilliant contribution with the bat in both the innings of the game.
Meanwhile, Peter Siddle bid adieu to international cricket. He played 67 Tests for Australia, returning 221 wickets at 30.66.
1. Gautam Gambhir feels sad over the behaviour of DDCA in an event
DDCA GOES “ALL OUT”…AND DDCA IS ALL OUT FOR A SHAMEFUL DUCK. Look, how handful of crooks are making mockery of an institution. I’d urge @BCCI @SGanguly99 @JayShah to dissolve @delhi_cricket immediately. Surely, sanctions or even a life ban for those involved. pic.twitter.com/yg0Z1kfux9
— Gautam Gambhir (@GautamGambhir) December 29, 2019
2. Zaheer Khan looks forward to sharing his thoughts with young and bright minds
— zaheer khan (@ImZaheer) December 29, 2019
3. Samit Patel says cheers to Alex Hales after Sydney Thunder lost the match to Sydney Sixers in Super over
— Samit Patel (@Samitpatel21) December 29, 2019
4. Ahmad Shahzad congratulates General Asim Bajwa on his son’s wedding
Congratulations @asimbajwareal on ur son's wedding, my family really enjoyed the event and the meeting with @peaceforchange Sorry 4 not attending the event due to my commitments with Central Punjab. May Allah bless the couple & give happiness and blessings to the entire family. pic.twitter.com/mIYKwooMRp
— Ahmad Shahzad 🇵🇰 (@iamAhmadshahzad) December 29, 2019
5. Tabraiz Shamsi tweets after South Africa register win against England in 1st Test
— Tabraiz Shamsi (@shamsi90) December 29, 2019
6. Ian Bishop is happy to watch South Africa winning the match against England
Given everything that's occured in South African cricket recently; that's a heck of a victory, #SAvsENG.
— Ian bishop (@irbishi) December 29, 2019
7. Michael Vaughan feels that Australia is playing well whereas England is losing Test on the other side
The Aussies are playing Great cricket .. I am here in Oz till early Feb .. England are losing again in Test cricket .. This is going to be a long few weeks unless they improve very very quickly .. !!!! #SAvENG
— Michael Vaughan (@MichaelVaughan) December 29, 2019
8. Muhammad Nawaz works out hard in the gym
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone 💦🏏🏋️♀️💪 pic.twitter.com/Nk08mVohq9
— Muhammad Nawaz (@mnawaz94) December 29, 2019
9. KL Rahul enjoys his day alongside beach
— K L Rahul (@klrahul11) December 29, 2019
10. Vijay Shankar shares a still wearing tuxedo
SUIT UP, when in doubt and slay it ! 😎 pic.twitter.com/7KghQ7Srho
— Vijay Shankar (@vijayshankar260) December 29, 2019
11. Herschelle Gibbs wants Jos Buttler to play his natural game
Wouldn’t mind seeing buttler play his natural game … got nothing to lose.
— Herschelle Gibbs (@hershybru) December 29, 2019
12. Matt Prior congratulates Peter Siddle on his fantastic career
— Matt Prior (@MattPrior13) December 29, 2019
13. Ricky Ponting’s heartwarming post for Peter Siddle
— Ricky Ponting AO (@RickyPonting) December 29, 2019
14. Grant Elliot got goosebumps watching Tom Blundell dominating Australian bowlers
— Grant Elliott (@grantelliottnz) December 29, 2019
15. Kedar Jadhav shares a still eating homemade food
— IamKedar (@JadhavKedar) December 29, 2019