Cricketing Trends on social media today
Harbhajan Singh has asked everyone to stay safe, as India recorded more than one lakh corona cases on 4th April 2021.
Updated - Apr 5, 2021 10:23 pm
The biggest talking point on social media today was the way Fakhar Zaman was dismissed against South Africa. Zaman was well on course for his second ODI double century but was apparently distracted by Quinton De Kock’s gestures from behind the stumps. De Kock had given the impression to Zaman that the fielder was going to throw the ball to the bowler’s end.
So, Zaman slowed down. But, to his utter shock, the fielder threw the ball to De Kock at the wicket keeper’s end, and Zaman was caught short of his crease. The Proteas beat Pakistan by 17 runs in the second ODI to level the three-match ODI series 1-1. And now, a few cricketers have offered their opinion on the nature of Fakhar Zaman’s dismissal.
Meanwhile, David Miller is off to India to join the Rajasthan Royals’ squad ahead of the 2021 edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL). Harbhajan Singh has asked everyone to stay safe, as India recorded more than one lakh corona cases on 4th April 2021. And finally, Ishant Sharma and Ramesh Powar have offered their condolences to the brave jawans who were martyred in a Naxal attack on 4th April 2021. Without wasting more time, let us plunge into the social media world.
1. Mohammed Shami talks about bikes and lives
THE WAY WE RIDE OUR BIKES IS THE WAY WE LIVE OUR LIFES! pic.twitter.com/FTl7ipdixt
— Mohammad Shami (@MdShami11) April 5, 2021
2. Shadab Khan reveals the reason for his injury
Ball hit me on the toe while batting which has ruled me out of the tour. I am working very very hard and giving it my all, I have not been able to perform at the level I want to but hard work will InshAllah pay off. InshAllah I will bounce back and win matches for Pakistan.
— Shadab Khan (@76Shadabkhan) April 5, 2021
3. Ishant Sharma offers his condolences to the families of the jawans who were martyred
Deeply saddened by the heinous Naxal Attack in Chattisgarh!
My condolences and thoughts to the families and loved ones of the CRPF brave hearts! 🙏🇮🇳
— Ishant Sharma (@ImIshant) April 5, 2021
4. Rashid Khan asks everybody to wear a mask and stay safe
— Rashid Khan (@rashidkhan_19) April 5, 2021
5. Tabraiz Shamsi offers his opinion on Fakhar Zaman’s controversial runout
I was on the field and you were not… so you are the one making assumptions 😀
He was pointing at the stumps at the non strikers end to tell the fielder to back up there
You do know we are always supposed to back up both ends right no matter where you think the throw might go? https://t.co/L2wwHUIME2
— Tabraiz Shamsi (@shamsi90) April 5, 2021
6. Akshar Patel touched by the ‘Get Well Soon’ messages that came his way
— Akshar Patel (@akshar2026) April 5, 2021
7. Lights, camera, action- Rohit Sharma enjoying in the sets
— Rohit Sharma (@ImRo45) April 5, 2021
8. Ashok Dinda meets Dada
Met Dada after a long time. pic.twitter.com/CbnZ5BPOaV
— Ashoke Dinda (@dindaashoke) April 5, 2021
9. Suresh Raina and the Chennai Super Kings are ready for IPL 2021
— Suresh Raina🇮🇳 (@ImRaina) April 5, 2021
10. Murali Kartik wants Hemang Badani to call him
Hemang call me and I have something very interesting for u to do…but pls call me https://t.co/UxHWtoe0SI
— Kartik Murali (@kartikmurali) April 5, 2021
11. David Miller off to India for IPL 2021
— David Miller (@DavidMillerSA12) April 5, 2021
12. Harbhajan Singh wants everyone to stay safe
1 lakh Cases everyday.. what can we do to bring th infection down? Praying for everyone’s well being.. Please stay safe 🙏🙏🙏
— Harbhajan Turbanator (@harbhajan_singh) April 5, 2021
13. Ramesh Powar offers his condolences to the families of the martyred jawans
Heartbreaking to hear the news of Braveheart Jawans. Heartfelt Condolences to their families 💔 #ChhattisgarhNaxalAttack
— RAMESH POWAR (@imrameshpowar) April 5, 2021
14. Russell Arnold gives his verdict on Fakhar Zaman’s controversial runout
The law of the game … YES. but shouldn’t the batsman be running harder and watch the ball 🤷♂️ or follow the ball .. he seems to be in slow motion here https://t.co/e3gM4abWzQ
— Russel Arnold (@RusselArnold69) April 5, 2021
15. Ramiz Raja lauds Fakhar Zaman for a scintillating knock in the second ODI
#pakvsSa Great innings in a losing cause . Shabash Fakhar!
— Ramiz Raja (@iramizraja) April 4, 2021
16. Amir Yamin hopes that Shadab Khan recovers from his injury
Get well soon brother
— Amir Yamin (@amiryamin54) April 5, 2021