IND vs AUS, 2nd T20I: Fantain Fantasy Cricket Tips – Playing XI, Pitch report, Team combination
After the thriller at Vizag, India find themselves facing a must-win game at Bangalore to save the T20I series.
Published - Feb 27, 2019 1:17 pm | Updated - Feb 27, 2019 1:17 pm
If you thought low-scoring matches were one-sided, you’ll now have to think again. Vizag dished out a humdinger and the last over finish was the perfect way to kick-start Australia’s tour of India. The 2nd and final T20I at Bangalore is well set-up now and Virat Kohli and company have to win to keep the Aussies from clinching the series.
The hosts were the confident lot going into the final over at Vizag but they just couldn’t close out the game. At Bangalore, they will look to avoid playing the sort of strokes that cost them the 1st T20I.
News is emerging that India could chop and change their side a bit – both as a rotation policy and to suit the conditions as well. Should the wicket appear to aid seam-movement, Siddarth Kaul might come in for Mayank Markande. Also, the pitch will govern the role of Vijay Shankar in the team. If he comes in, Dinesh Karthik will most likely be the one to miss out. Finally, with KL Rahul getting a score at Vizag, you might just see Rohit Sharma make way for Shikhar Dhawan.
Likely Playing XI
Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul, Virat Kohli (C), Rishabh Pant, MS Dhoni (wk), Dinesh Karthik/Vijay Shankar, Krunal Pandya, Umesh Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Mayank Markande/Siddarth Kaul, Jasprit Bumrah.
The tourists will be mighty pleased with the outcome at Vizag. At the outset, they did extremely well to restrict the formidable Indian battling line-up. And then, when the tide seemed to turn against them, the lower-order held their nerve to close out the game.
Aaron Finch, Ashton Turner and Peter Handscomb are due for runs and they’ll be itching to have a crack at the short boundaries at Bangalore. Marcus Stoinis was unfortunate to be run-out in the 1st T20I and will look to make amends at Bangalore. We don’t expect Australia to make too many changes.
Likely Playing XI-
Aaron Finch (C), D’Arcy Short, Marcus Stoinis, Glenn Maxwell, Peter Handscomb (wk), Ashton Turner, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Pat Cummins, Jhye Richardson/Kane Richardson, Jason Behrendorff, Adam Zampa.
- Aaron Finch: the Aussie skipper has had a torrid summer but this is just the kind of opportunity that he seeks – one up in the series and a venue with short boundaries. Should Finch get set, the ball could well leave the roof severely dented
- Virat Kohli: the Indian skipper started out in aggressive fashion but his innings was unfortunately cut short. Playing at the home ground of his IPL franchise, Kohli will be cheered on by the capacity home crowd and this will surely bring out the best in the skipper
- Jasprit Bumrah: when the game at the Vizag appeared lost, Bumrah ran in and bowed a magical over to turn things in favour of the hosts. Expect the pacer to produce the goods yet again
- Yuzvendra Chahal: another local boy from an IPL franchise standpoint, Chahal knows the venue like the back of his hand. While the batsmen will look to clear the ropes off the leggie, Chahal would look to hoodwink them with deception
- Glenn Maxwell: the all-rounder was the shining light at Vizag for Australia. In this format of the game, Maxwell is always a great pick and with the kind of form that he’s in, you must pick him in your Fantain XI.
MS DHONI WK-KEEPER – 9
Y CHAHAL BOWLER – 9
J BUMRAH (C) BOWLER – 10
N C-NILE BOWLER – 9
V KOHLI BATSMAN – 11
D SHORT BATSMAN – 8
L RAHUL BATSMAN – 8
M STOINIS ALL-ROUNDER – 10
G MAXWELL (VC) ALL-ROUNDER – 9
P CUMMINS ALL-ROUNDER – 9
K PANDYA ALL-ROUNDER – 8
This is our Fantain Fantasy XI but you’re the real expert. So check-in to Fantain, enter the various contests on offer and remember, #PlaySmartWinBig