List of records broken by England against Pakistan in the 3rd ODI
Published - Aug 30, 2016 6:07 pm | Updated - Aug 30, 2016 6:07 pm
A string record was broken after England hammered Pakistan for 444/3 in the first innings of 3rd ODI at Trent Bridge, Nottingham. It was an epic display of aggressive batting much similar to the hyper-aggressive batting performance shown by the West Indies a couple of days ago.
Eoin Morgan won the toss and elected to bat first on a batting friendly track. He must have thought of briefing his batsman about taking full advantage of the opportunity. But, as overs passed by, the Englishmen, in a way, would have surprised themselves in the manner they batted. Alex Hales and Joe Root were the ones who occupied the most number of overs in the middle putting 248 runs in 31.4 overs.
The duo departed in quick successions soon. But, 14 overs were still left for the innings to end and there was still a lot of work left for the English batsmen to do. Eoin Morgan and Jos Buttler understood and took care of the proceedings in the most entertaining manner.
Both batted like maniacs and hit an unbeaten 161 runs for the 4th wicket as the score swelled to a record-breaking level.
Records for England today in an ODI versus Pakistan
- This was the highest total in ODI history ever (444/3)
- Opener Alex Hales’ set the record for the highest individual score. He made 171 off 122 balls. His knock was studded with 4 sixes and 22 fours
- Jos Buttler smashed fastest 50 for England (22 balls). He ended with 90 runs off 51 balls.
- England is the joint quickest to 400 runs in ODIs (46.1 overs)
- Most Sixes in an ODI match for England (16)
- Out of 10 highest total made by England, eight has come in in the span of last one and half years.
England is the only team to have totals of 111, 222, 333 & 444 in One-Day Internationals. West Indies have 111, 222 & 333.