Team India take time off to unwind in Sri Lanka
After having won the first Test with a day to spare the Indian team decided to make good use of this extra time.
Published - Jul 31, 2017 11:12 pm | Updated - Jul 31, 2017 11:12 pm
The Indian team had cruised to a comfortable victory against Sri Lanka in the first Test match in Galle and they decided to celebrate the win in style. The players, understandably, decided to unwind properly and rewarded themselves with a visit to the picturesque ‘Amari Galle’ resort in Galle.
Earlier, Virat Kohli and his men showed no mercy to the Lankan team as they clinched a massive 304-run victory. In the first innings, Shikhar Dhawan and Cheteshwar Pujara both scored big centuries to bolster India to 600. While Dhawan scored 190 off just 168 balls, Pujara played in his usual demeanour and was calm and composed throughout his knock.
In reply, the Lankans could only manage 291. Opting not to enforce a follow on, India piled on their domination as Kohli brought up his 17th Test century in the second innings. Finally, the Sri Lankans were set a target of 550 with over five sessions of play left. They could have batted responsibly and at least tried to draw the match. However, the inexperienced Lankan batters were bundled out on the fourth day itself, as India took a 1-0 lead in the three match series.
With the match finishing off a day before, there is plenty of time before the second Test which starts on 3rd August in Colombo. The Indian team decided to make good use of this extra time. Several cricketers, including Kohli, shared pictures of themselves relaxing by the pool on social media. It sure looks like they had a great time.
1. Virat Kohli, Hardik Pandya and KL Rahul, Peace!
2. Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav, Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan chilling on a huge sofa in the resort.
3. Rohit Sharma has his swimming game on point!
4. Ishant Sharma might have not played the 1st Test but he is having a good time with his teammates in Sri Lanka.
5. These two have a really strong bond as Rahul looks up to Kohli as a mentor who has helped him in moulding his career and the skipper has certainly seen his ward through.
6. Hardik Pandya with his 6 packs on display has definitely put in a lot of effort on the body.