Top 10 Facts about Robin Peterson that you didn't know
View : 594
2 Min Read
Top 10 Facts about Robin Peterson that you didn’t know: Being a capable all-rounder and representing your national team at international matches is a matter of great pride and satisfaction for any player. Especially, when you are playing for South Africa with some of the world’s best cricketers. Robin Peterson, a well known name in the world of Cricket, is one such a gem who proved his talents every now and then. He scored 464-test runs with 3 fifties at an average of 27 in 15 tests along with 38-wickets. Peterson also played 79 ODIs with 556 runs and 1 fifty to his credit. He has 75 ODI wickets as well.
The veteran cricketer might be missing from the Proteas’ national squad for the last few months, yet his cricketing skills have never been doubted. He is such a quality player who shines in each department of cricket; an excellent fielder, prolific hitter and outstanding left-handed bowler. Cricket Tracker tracks down the top 10 unknown facts about the cricketer as he turns 36 today.
1. Dismissing A Legend: Robin Peterson holds that unusual record of dismissing the Aussie legend Ricky Ponting at the last innings of his test. Punter could have made his last test illustrious but Robin Peterson dismissed him cheaply for 8-runs.
2. Flying Start to IPL: Mumbai Indians (MI) invested a whooping 1,00000 USD to bring Robin Peterson to the side. Interestingly, it was his debut at the IPL but MI didn’t hesitate to purchase him at such a massive price in the IPL 2012 auction.
3. Forgettable IPL career: Riding high on Mumbai Indian’s expectation, Peterson couldn’t justify his spot and performed miserably in the tournament. He scored just 32-runs in 5 matches at an average of around 11. The cricketer’s bowling performance also lacked the luster. He picked up just 3-wickets at 5 matches with a high 8.75 Economy Rate. Unfortunately, IPL 5 remained his first and last IPL until now.
4. Unusual Nickname: Well, you might know him as Robin Peterson but his teammates and colleagues call him Robbie P. Probably, this is one of those rarest names where the last name is represented with just an English alphabet.
5. Blown by Brian Lara’s blinder: Brian Lara scored 28-runs in a single over against the South African, making it one of the most expensive overs in Robin’s cricket career.
6. Most dismissals through LBW or bowled: Robin Peterson is so perfect to spin his balls that he has successfully dismissed most of his opponents through clean bowled or dismissed them Leg before Wicket (LBW) in both tests and ODIs.
7. Love for T20s: Peterson’s love for T20 matches is not hidden to anyone. He represents several franchisees at domestic twenty-twenty matches. Despite his devastating performance at IPL, he refused to bow down. Instead he played for several other T20 teams such as Nashua Cape Cobras, Barbados Tridents and others.
8. Worrisome batting: In the recently concluded Carribean Premiere League (CPL) 2015, Robin Peterson again failed to live up to the expectations as a batsman. At the tournament, he played 11 matches and scored just 35 at an average of only 7, but somehow he successfully picked 14 wickets in the same number of matches.
9. Unsuccessful 2014: Injury or form, Robin Peterson played very fewer matches last year. He played just 1 Test in 2014 scoring just 31 and picking up 3-wickets. On the other hand, he played just 2 ODIs and scored 11 runs and got 5-wickets.
10. Memorable Performance: The most remarkable performance of Robin Peterson came in the year 2012, when he was recalled to the Proteas’ national Test squad after a long hiatus of 4-years. Peterson dismissed six important wickets of Australia to ensure a remarkable Test series victory for South Africa at Perth.