What happened in the cricket world today – April 26
Here is the rapid summary of the events that matter in the world of cricket today.
Updated - Apr 26, 2021 7:52 pm
Here are the titbits of news that matter in the cricket world today.
1. ‘IPL 2021 to go as per schedule’ – BCCI President Sourav Ganguly amid COVID-19 scare
Amidst an unprecedented surge in Covid-19 cases across the country, Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) President Sourav Ganguly has stated that the 14th edition of the IPL will continue to go on according to schedule.
2. ‘Why would you not play him with Kane Williamson?’ – Aakash Chopra slams SRH for not playing Jonny Bairstow in the Super Over
In a pulsating thriller, the Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) side went down to the Delhi Capitals (DC) in the Super Over. And, former Indian cricketer Aakash Chopra has come down heavily on the SRH side for not allowing Jonny Bairstow to bat during the Super Over.
3. IPL 2021: Axar Patel reveals how he convinced Rishabh Pant to bowl the Super Over
Delhi Capitals’ (DC) spinner Axar Patel did a tidy job with the ball in hand in the Super Over against the Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) outfit. The left-arm spinner gave away just 7 runs. And now, Patel has opened up on how he convinced Delhi skipper Rishabh Pant that he will bowl the Super Over.
4. ‘Lockie Ferguson is someone who will win you games’ – Ajit Agarkar bats for KKR pacer’s inclusion in the playing XI
Former Indian pace bowler Ajit Agarkar wants the Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) side to play Lockie Ferguson in their playing XI.
5. Covid-19 situation in India is quite grim, but cricket can bring a lot of joy to people: Ricky Ponting
With India facing the wrath of the Covid-19 pandemic, Delhi Capitals’ (DC) Head Coach Ricky Ponting has stated that cricket will help to bring joy to people in these trying and difficult times.
6. IPL 2021: RCB bowlers Adam Zampa and Kane Richardson pull out of the tournament citing personal reasons
The Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) side has suffered a jolt as two of their players, Kane Richardson and Adam Zampa have pulled out of the tournament due to personal reasons. The same was confirmed by the official Twitter handle of RCB.
7. ‘Tired of coming second in Super Overs’ – Kane Williamson after SRH’s defeat to DC in IPL 2021
Kane Williamson’s sparkling 66* went in vain as the Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) outfit went down to the Delhi Capitals (DC) side in the Super Over. And now, Williamson has stated that he is tired of ending up in the second place in Super Overs.
8. ‘Harshal Patel will learn from it’ – Sanjay Bangar after the RCB pacer’s 37-run over against CSK in IPL 2021
Harshal Patel got a pummeling of a lifetime as Ravindra Jadeja thrashed him for 37 runs in a single over in the match between Chennai Super Kings (CSK) and Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB). And now, the batting consultant of the RCB side, Sanjay Bangar has revealed that Harshal Patel will learn from such experiences.