What happened in the cricket world today – August 16
Here is the wrap-up of the important news pieces that hogged the limelight in the world of cricket today.
Updated - Aug 16, 2021 9:18 pm
Here are the titbits of news that matter in the world of cricket today.
1. ‘Very disappointed by his shot selection’ – VVS Laxman after Rohit Sharma gets dismissed playing a pull shot
VVS Laxman is not happy with the way Rohit Sharma was dismissed after playing the pull shot and stated that the ‘Hitman’ fell to the trap that was set by England.
2. ‘He needs to be little more selective while playing shots in Test cricket’ – Vikram Rathour after Rohit Sharma gets out playing a pull shot at Lord’s
Vikram Rathour, the batting coach of the Indian side opined that the team is backing Rohit Sharma to play the pull shot. Rathour added that Sharma needs to be a little more selective in his shot selection.
3. Mohammed Siraj is the bowling avatar of Rishabh Pant, we need to be patient with him: Deep Dasgupta
Deep Dasgupta has opined that Mohammed Siraj’s attacking mindset is similar to that of Rishabh Pant.
4. ‘You can kill me for that’ – Aakash Chopra predicts England to win the Lord’s Test against India
Former Indian batsman Aakash Chopra has reckoned that England will beat India in the second Test match at Lord’s. Chopra added that Bumrah will play an important role for the Indian side.
5. ‘Foot is somewhere else, bat is somewhere else’ – Sunil Gavaskar on Virat Kohli’s technical failures against England
The legendary Sunil Gavaskar has dwelled upon Virat Kohli’s failures with the willow in the Test series against England.
6. ‘Love the fire but that language will have him in trouble’ – Stuart Broad reacts after Virat Kohli’s verbal spat with James Anderson
Stuart Broad reckons that the language that Virat Kohli used against the legendary James Anderson could invite trouble for the Indian skipper.
7. Reports: Kusal Perera tests positive for COVID-19 virus, likely to miss white-ball series against South Africa
Sri Lanka’s ace cricketer, Kusal Perera has tested positive for Covid-19, and might not be able to offer his services to the Sri Lankan side in their series against South Africa in the month of September.
8. IPL 2021: Shubman Gill recovers from injury; will travel to the UAE soon
Reports have stated that Indian cricketer Shubman Gill has recovered from his shin injury and will travel to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) for the remaining matches of IPL 2021.