What happened in the cricket world today – August 8
Here is the wrap-up of the events that happened in the world of cricket today.
Updated - Aug 9, 2021 12:46 am
Here are the titbits of news that matter in the world of cricket today.
1. ‘No technical changes, just mindset adjustments’ – Jasprit Bumrah on gaining back form post WTC Final
Indian pacer Jasprit Bumrah revealed that he did not make any technical adjustments after going wicketless in the World Test Championship final. “Just the mindset adjustments and probably not looking at the end result a little too much. I am trying to be in the moment and back my skills,” said Bumrah in the presser post day 4 of the 1st Test.
2. They can’t win without Jofra Archer’ – Michael Clarke predicts Australia to win Ashes 2021-22
Former Australian captain Michael Clarke believes that England cannot win the Ashes in Australia this year without Jofra Archer. Notably, Archer has been ruled out of cricket for the entire year due to his elbow injury.
3. Haseeb Hameed will get his chance again: David Lloyd
“There will be a debate about England’s top order and we’ve been looking at what’s around the county circuit. One distinguished person in cricket told me Dom Sibley is not even the best opener at Warwickshire. Step forward Rob Yates. And closer to the team Haseeb Hameed is emerging from the most almighty doldrums. He will get his chance again,” Lloyd wrote in the Daily Mail.
4. ENG vs IND: Michael Vaughan wants hosts to make a change to their XI for Lord’s Test
“Zak Crawley could be a high-class Test match player but he’s not got enough runs. I wouldn’t play Crawley at Lord’s but he could well go to Australia. He could suit going out of this environment for a while, play some different formats, iron out his technique. It could refresh him,” Michael Vaughan told BBC Test Match Special.
5. ‘There are no technical issues, selectors wanted me to work on strike rate and I’ve done that’ – Usman Salahuddin wants to be reconsidered for national selection
“My performances in domestic are improving since I got dropped after playing one Test. I had a chat with selectors and they told me that my strike-rate is low and I need to work on that. There are no other technical issues,” Usman was quoted as saying by Cricket Pakistan.
6. ‘I have never seen such an Indian fast bowling line-up’ – Inzamam-ul-Haq lauds India’s pace attack against England
Former Pakistan cricketer Inzamam-ul-Haq has stated that he hasn’t ever seen such brilliant bowling by India.
7. Gautam Gambhir plans 10-team T20 cricket tournament, featuring East Delhi constituencies
East Delhi BJP MP and former India cricketer Gautam Gambhir is planning to organize a T20 cricket tournament, the East Delhi Premier League, featuring teams from the 10 constituencies of East Delhi.
8. Nepal Cricket Association retires jersey number 77 to honor former captain Paras Khadka
Nepal Cricket Association has decided to retire jersey number 77, used by Paras Khadka, as a mark of respect to their former captain.
Follow CricTracker for all the latest cricket news from around the world