What happened in the cricket world today – July 2
Here is the quick wrap-up of the events that matter in the world of cricket today.
Updated - Jul 2, 2021 7:07 pm
Here are the titbits of news that matter in the world of cricket today.
1. Virat Kohli has the unbelievable ability to carry the other 10 guys: KL Rahul
KL Rahul has stated that Indian skipper Virat Kohli has the ability to carry every other member of the team and make them give their 200 percent on the field for the country.
2. Steve Smith ready to sacrifice T20 World Cup spot to eye prime fitness for Ashes 2021
Australian batting legend Steve Smith has revealed that Test cricket is his main goal. He added that he is even ready to skip the T20 World Cup to be fit in time for The Ashes series against England.
3. Shikhar Dhawan will not be India’s first-choice opener for T20 World Cup, reckons Aakash Chopra
Former Indian batsman Aakash Chopra feels that the Indian side might not be banking on Shikhar Dhawan as their first-choice opener for the T20 World Cup that will be held this year.
4. Wasim Jaffer picks his choice of openers for the England Tests
Wasim Jaffer feels that either Mayank Agarwal or KL Rahul should replace the injured Shubman Gill in the Indian Test side for the Test matches against England.
5. ‘Pressure is piling on him’ – Saba Karim believes T20 World Cup 2021 could decide Virat Kohli’s captaincy future
Saba Karim reckons that the 2021 T20 World Cup will be a crucial one for Indian skipper Virat Kohli. Karim added that if India lifts the 2021 T20 World Cup title, then Kohli will have some breathing space.
6. India are a great side, but England will always fancy their chances more if the ball moves: Alastair Cook
Former England opener Alastair Cook feels that the England team will fancy bowling to the Indian batting lineup if there is moisture in the pitch and the ball nips around in the month of August.
7. Sri Lanka vs India: Arjuna Ranatunga slams SLC for hosting second-string team
Sri Lankan cricketing legend Arjuna Ranatunga has stated that India’s second-string side reaching Sri Lankan shores to play a limited-overs series is an insult to Sri Lankan cricket. Ranatunga blamed the Sri Lankan cricket administration for agreeing to play this limited-overs series against India.
8. Rahul Dravid in line to replace Ravi Shastri as Team India head coach, feels Reetinder Sodhi
Reetinder Singh Sodhi feels that Indian cricketing legend Rahul Dravid will replace Ravi Shastri as the Head Coach of the Indian cricket team.