What happened in the cricket world today – April 1
Here is a quickfire wrap-up of the things that happened in the cricket world today.
Updated - Apr 1, 2021 9:40 pm
Here are the titbits of news that matter in the cricket world today.
1. Rishabh Pant will probably hold the key for Delhi Capitals: Parthiv Patel
Dashing Indian batsman Rishabh Pant has been appointed as the skipper of the Delhi Capitals (DC) side for the 2021 edition of the IPL. And now, Parthiv Patel has showered praise on Pant and has stated that Pant is a brilliant player.
2. IPL 2021: Aakash Chopra picks Chennai Super Kings’ starting playing XI
The Chennai Super Kings (CSK) suffered a horrible campaign in the 2020 edition of the IPL, as the MS Dhoni-led side did not qualify for the IPL playoffs for the first time. Ahead of the 14th edition of the IPL, Aakash Chopra has picked his CSK Playing XI.
3. IPL 2021: Mike Hesson names three RCB uncapped players to watch out for in the tournament
The Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) side will play the opening match of the 2021 edition of the IPL. And now, Mike Hesson has revealed that the likes of Rajat Patidar, Mohammed Azharuddeen, and Suyash Prabhudesai are the names to look out for in the 2021 edition of the IPL.
4. ‘Team won’t suffer even if one big name retires’ – Mohammed Shami hails India’s bench strength
Indian pacer Mohammed Shami has opined that the youngsters in the Indian side will be ready to take over from the senior Indian players. Shami has even stated that all the youngsters today are very confident.
5. Ravi Ashwin has been bowling really well for Team India: Harbhajan Singh
Ravichandran Ashwin is a legend of Indian cricket and has already picked up 409 wickets in Test match cricket. And now, Harbhajan Singh has opined that Ashwin is a smart bowler and understands the way the batsmen operate.
6. This time everyone will see an aggressive KL Rahul in IPL: Wasim Jaffer
Wasim Jaffer, the batting coach of the Punjab Kings (PBKS) side feels that KL Rahul batted in a timid manner in the 2020 edition of the IPL. Rahul emerged as the highest run-scorer in the 13th IPL edition and plundered 670 runs.
7. Rishabh Pant is playing smart and intelligent cricket: Sunil Gavaskar
Former Indian batting legend Sunil Gavaskar has opined that Rishabh Pant has been playing intelligent cricket. Pant scored 155 runs in the two innings that he batted in the ODI series against England.
8. ‘Harbhajan Singh’s addition has strengthened us’ – Eoin Morgan opines on KKR’s spin department ahead of IPL 2021
40-year-old Indian spinner Harbhajan Singh will be playing for the Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) side in the 2021 edition of the IPL. Harbhajan is one of the most decorated bowlers in IPL history and has picked up 150 wickets in his IPL career.