What happened in the cricket world today – May 6
Here is the wrap-up of the events that took place in the world of cricket.
Updated - May 6, 2021 7:24 pm
Here are the titbits of news that matter in the cricket world today.
1. IPL 2021: Ex-KKR player Laxmi Ratan Shukla donates entire salary from commentary gig to West Bengal CM Relief Fund for COVID fight
Former Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) cricketer Laxmi Ratan Shukla has donated the entire salary that he received through commentary in the 2021 edition of the IPL to the West Bengal CM Relief Fund to help India combat Covid-19.
2. Veda Krishnamurthy’s sister passes away due to Covid-19 just two weeks after her mother’s demise
Tragedy struck Veda Krishnamurthy’s family, as her sister passed away due to Covid-19. Around 2 weeks back, Veda Krishnamurthy’s mother had also lost the battle against Covid-19.
3. We are still wondering how Wridhimann Saha got infected: Sunrisers Hyderabad mentor VVS Laxman
Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) cricketer Wridhimann Saha was infected with Covid-19. And, the mentor of the ‘Orange Army’, VVS Laxman has stated that the SRH management is still wondering as to how Saha contracted the disease.
4. If we fail to complete the IPL, the loss will be close to INR 2500 crore: Sourav Ganguly
BCCI President Sourav Ganguly has revealed that if the 2021 edition of the IPL is not completed, the BCCI will lose close to INR 2500 Crores.
5. ‘I got picked for South Africa after playing in IPL and CPL’ – Tabraiz Shamsi feels players don’t feature in T20 leagues only for money
South African cricketer Tabraiz Shamsi has highlighted the advantages of playing in various T20 leagues around the world and has also stated that there are things apart from the money that draws players to these leagues.
6. IPL 2021: England, UAE, and Australia emerge as potential venues to finish the tournament
The 2021 edition of the IPL had to be stopped midway due to the Covid-19 pandemic. And, UAE, England, and even Australia have been discussed as the possible venues that could host the remainder of the tournament.
7. ‘He is the story of this season’ – Parthiv Patel praises Mohammad Siraj for his IPL exploits
Former Indian cricketer Parthiv Patel has showered praises on RCB pacer Mohammed Siraj and has even labeled Siraj as the ‘story of the IPL’.
8. If a player wants to learn how to handle pressure, he should play against India: Junaid Khan
Pakistan bowler Junaid Khan has stated that if a Pakistan cricketer wants to learn how to handle pressure, then the best thing he should do is to play a cricket match against the Indian team.