Zimbabwe-India live telecast hampered due to technical issues in the stadium

Kedar Jadhav
India’s batsman Kedar Jadhav plays a shot during the third and final T20 cricket match. (Photo by JEKESAI NJIKIZANA/AFP/Getty Images)

The third and the final T20I between Zimbabwe and India turned out to be a riveting contest full of twist and turns. The match was heading towards a potential nail-biting finish with the Zimbabweans batsmen giving the India a run for their money before a technical glitch at the venue disrupted the live telecast.

Batting first for the first time in the tour, the Indians completely failed to take advantage of the Zimbabwean bowlers and could manage just 138/6 in the first innings.


Last match’s heroes – KL Rahul and Mandeep Singh were complete bloopers today and could not do anything today. Mandeep Singh lost his wicket owing to the brilliance of the Elton Chigumbura in the field.

Kedar Jadhav, however, stood in the middle like a rock and helped India sail through the choppy waters with a 42 balls 58 runs knock. In reply, the Zimbabwean after losing Chibhabha, prematurely, looked to be cruising ahead with the help of attacking cameos from Vusi Sibanda and Peter Moor.

The match took an interesting turn after Dhawal Kulkarni and Yuzvendra Chahal snapped both Sibanda and Moor respectively. Waller also followed quickly giving India the edge again.

However, a technical glitch at the venue disrupted the live telecast at the venue just after Peter Moor departed. The advertisements kept running and running and the telecast was halted, leaving the excited spectators nervous and clueless about the proceedings.

The fans kept their finger crossed to get the live pictures back because the match was heading towards a nail-biting finish. There was no telecast for about three overs. Initially. It was thought that the telecast was cut off due a power cut at the venue but later but was cleared that it was broadcasting issue.

The show at the venue did not stop at all as MS Dhoni’s men clawed back into the game brilliantly. Waller was snapped in the 18th over subsequently and the run rate was brought under control, putting the hosts in a nervous situation.