10 shortest cricketers in the World
Updated - Oct 14, 2014 6:08 am
10 shortest cricketers in the World: Height is a factor which is discussed so often, someone who is not so tall is called names, and has a low self esteem many a times. But, as they say sports help you in overcoming your short comings in life. Cricket did it to these gentle men. Yes we are discussing the shortest men to have ever taken on the cricketing field.
Shorter in height propelled a few of these cricketers to achieve unbelievable feats in cricket. The smaller nails sometimes lay heavier impact, cricket has seen that happen. Sachin Tendulkar for that matter is one of the shortest guys to have played cricket. But, his batting, records stand as tall as the Mount Everest.
Sunil Gavaskar is another example of an extremely successful cricketing career despite losing on with his height. He faced the fiercest fast bowlers to have ever bowled in cricket, the frantic four from the West Indies. On more occasions than not Gavaskar managed to have the better of them.
The list went on beyond 10 as there were quite a few guys with identical heights. We did not want any among those to feel missed out. So here you go in ascending order form the tallest among the shortest to the shortest among the shortest. Here is the list of the shortest cricketers to have ever played cricket.
The tallest among these being Sachin Tendulkar, Sunil Gavaskar, Sidney Gregory and Alvin Kallicharan with identical height and the shortest cricketer to have ever played cricket is Kruger van Wyk.
- Sachin Tendulkar (India) 5 ft 5 in
- Sunil Gavaskar (India) 5 ft 5 in
- Sidney Edward Gregory (Australia) 5 ft 5 in
- Alvin Kallicharan (West Indies) 5 ft 5 in
- Tatendra Taibu (Zimbabwe) 5 ft 4 in
- Gundappa Vishwanath (India) 5 ft 4 in
- David Boon (Australia) 5 ft 3 in
- Parthiv Patel (India) 5 ft 3 in
- Mushfiqur Rahim (Bangladesh) 5 ft 3 in
- Alfred Freeman (England) 5 ft 2 in
- Walter Cornford (England) 5 ft
- Kruger van Wyk (New Zealand) 4 ft 9 in.