"CLT20 2014: Review: In Statical View"
Updated - Oct 5, 2014 2:09 pm
The Champions League T20 (CLT20) 2014 edition has ended, where the top domestic T20 teams from the Test playing nations competed for the title but in the end it was IPL team Chennai Super Kings who ended winning the title.
In this article, we shall have a look at some of the statistics related to this edition of tournament:
Highest Totals by a team in an innings:
Lowest Totals by a team in an innings:
Most Runs by a player in the tournament (Competed for Golden bat):
Most Wickets by a player in the tournament (Competed for Golden ball):
1. Suresh Raina now has become the first Indian to hit a century in history of CLT20.
1. Parvinder Awana became just the second bowler in CLT20 history to take hatrick in the tournament, which he did against CSK in semi finals by dismissing Raina, Negi and Dhoni.
2. Suresh Raina with a century in the CLT20 final became the only 2nd player to hit a century in IPL/CLT20 final, with first been Wriddhiman Saha in IPL 2014 final.
3. Suresh Raina with 205 sixes in T20s, became the first Indian to hit 200 or more sixes in the format.
4. During the tournament, Suresh Raina crossed 5000 runs in T20 format to become the first Indian to do so.
5. 3 Indians managed to complete 100 consecutive T20s for their IPL teams during this CLT20. First of all it was Ambati Rayudu in qualifiers for Mumbai Indians and later MS Dhoni for Chennai Super Kings in 1st game of League Stage and Ravi Ashwin been the latest for Chennai Super Kings in the finals.