Cricket in 2018: Top 10 Cricketing tweets of the year
Here we have the top ten tweets of this year - some brilliant wordplay, some funny and hilarious memes and some jokes which might even make Altaf Raja break into laughter.
Updated - Dec 30, 2018 12:03 am
Twitter has always been the social platform that thoroughly engages the fans, experts as well as the players during a game of cricket. There’s a different level of interest on the micro-blogging platform with regards to all the developments on the field. During a cricket match, topics related to the game hijack the Twitter trends.
Whether it was the Sandpaper gate that incited a lot of jokes and memes or the Indian Premier League which had its own blend of incidents. 2018 was the first time in a decade without an ICC event in men’s cricket throughout the year. Even then, the entertainment levels were at its splendid best when it came to Twitter.
Here we have the top ten tweets of this year – some brilliant wordplay, some funny and hilarious memes and some jokes which might even make Altaf Raja break into laughter. Some tweets that will help you travel down the memory lane and tickle you and prove that it was indeed a memorable year for the cricketing fraternity.
Here we present the best cricketing tweets the year 2018:
1. That one from Jimmy (not Anderson) is true but below the belt.
I never would’ve guessed that the two biggest talking points of the #AUSvSA series would be de Kock and balls
— Jimmy Neesham (@JimmyNeesh) March 24, 2018
2. I hope dad doesn’t drop it, well it’s Akmal you just never know.
They know their father's catching skills 😅🤣 pic.twitter.com/QJLSK5XOvK
— Tabrez (@its_tabrez_) May 28, 2018
3. When MS Dhoni proved his worthiness in this year’s IPL
You troll him on social media, he trolls you on 22 yards. #Dhoni
— Silly Point (@FarziCricketer) April 25, 2018
4. This is an epic troll aimed at Mitchell Starc, probably the cricketing tweet of the year!
It’s Mitchell Starc I feel sorry for because according to @CricketAus it was only 3 batsmen who knew about the ball tampering designed to help the bowling attack. Poor fucker has genuinely believed he’s Wasim Akram all this time……..
— Crossy (@crossy33) March 27, 2018
5. KL Rahul’s poor form this year frustrated everyone, even Virat Kohli lol!!
Shashtri : Thodi der aaram se khelna tha Rahul
KL Rahul : Sir, Mein century karunga next inning mein
Kohli : pic.twitter.com/AtSdijmrvI
— ฬ๏кє Evolved Raja Babu ☔ (@GaurangBhardwa1) December 6, 2018
6. MS Dhoni’s rapport with his teammates explained in the most hilarious way.
— Rishabh Srivastava (@AskRishabh) November 29, 2018
7. Well, this confession from Ben Stokes seems more valid than the actual one.
*Someone Asked Stokes the reason for punching the man outside BAR*
— Aryan (@Rohitswarrior_) February 13, 2018
8. IPL continues to blend different cultures and a perfect Bollywood dialogue to sum it up.
When Harbhajan plays for Chennai Super Kings.. pic.twitter.com/52oNF5lcCA
— Sameer Allana (@HitmanCricket) January 27, 2018
9. Well, we will leave the Kohli and Shastri relationship to your interpretation there.
— BING (@ya_jhakaas) August 19, 2018
10. To avoid a ‘Please don’t throw garbage on the road’ kind of situation and maybe wear your helmets also!
Anushka aagayi hai, saara kachra dustbin mein daal do. pic.twitter.com/J4SaAUhjF7
— SAGAR (@sagarcasm) June 16, 2018