Cricketers congratulate Kuldeep Yadav for his hat-trick
Alongside the fans, cricketers joined in with congratulatory tweets for the chinaman.
Published - Sep 22, 2017 12:09 pm | Updated - Sep 22, 2017 12:45 pm
History was recreated at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata as Kuldeep Yadav struck the Australian team like lightning in the second One-Day International. Many cricketers including his Kolkata Knight Riders teammates congratulated the young chinaman on the success.
After having been struck for two consecutive sixes by Glenn Maxwell, Kuldeep didn’t lose confidence and came back to take a marvellous hat-trick. The first delivery to Matthew Wade was a slow routine leg break which he tried to cut the ball that was spinning away from him but ended up chopping it onto his stumps.
All-rounder Ashton Agar failed to play a full toss that came across as a loopy leg break as he was adjudged lbw by the umpire. He thought of reviewing the decision but his partner sent him on his way back. 2 wickets in 2 balls. The hat-trick ball was to be bowled to Pat Cummins.
Kuldeep decided to go ahead with a googly and Cummins had no clue where the ball was going. He was drawn forward by the delivery and he tried to defend it but it took the outside edge of his blade and it is seldom that MS Dhoni misses anything behind the wickets. Kuldeep thus became the third Indian cricketer to take a hat-trick. What’s more special was that it came at Kolkata, his IPL home ground.
The whole crowd erupted into cheers and joy. Yadav was celebrating as the other Indian players joined in. For a player who made his debut just a couple of months ago, taking a hat-trick at this stage meant a kickstart to his international career. Alongside the fans, even fellow cricketers joined in with congratulatory tweets for the chinaman.
Here are some of the tweets that came his way:
1) His KKR teammate Robin Uthappa praised him and also mentioned that hat-tricks are never easy to achieve.
— Robin Aiyuda Uthappa (@robbieuthappa) September 21, 2017
2) Indian Test opener Murali Vijay congratulated Kuldeep Yadav on sealing the game for India with a hat-trick
— Murali Vijay (@mvj888) September 21, 2017
3) Another KKR mate Yusuf Pathan who praised Kuldeep for becoming the 3rd Indian to take an ODI hat-trick.
— Yusuf Pathan (@iamyusufpathan) September 21, 2017
4) His KKR captain Gautam Gambhir joined the chorus and had some splendid description for his hat-trick.
— Gautam Gambhir (@GautamGambhir) September 21, 2017
5) Maestro Sachin Tendulkar credited both the spinners for spinning the game in India’s favour.
— sachin tendulkar (@sachin_rt) September 21, 2017
Thank you so much Sir ??
— Kuldeep yadav (@imkuldeep18) September 21, 2017
6) Mohammed Kaif termed Kuldeep as a rare and special talent.
— Mohammad Kaif (@MohammadKaif) September 21, 2017
7) Shikhar Dhawan who’s missing out on the current ODI series described it as a proud moment for the youngster and the team.
Wonderful achievement by young Kuldeep. Proud moment fr him nd Indian cricket. Congrats on d hat-trick?????? @imkuldeep18
— Shikhar Dhawan (@SDhawan25) September 22, 2017
8) Aakash Chopra too had a wonderful description for the moment in ‘Hindi’.
कुल का दीपक चमक गया….well bowled, Kuldeep Yadav ?? three balls turned a forgettable outing into one to cherish for the rest of your life!
— Aakash Chopra (@cricketaakash) September 21, 2017
9) The veteran off-spinner Harbhajan Singh congratulates the wrist spinner.
— Harbhajan Turbanator (@harbhajan_singh) September 21, 2017
10) And we also had one hat-trick taker (in Tests) Irfan Pathan congratulating another for the feat.
— Irfan Pathan (@IrfanPathan) September 21, 2017
11) Suresh Raina too sang praises for the youngster.
3 in 3 and all of them through different modes of dismissal, that's the way to do it! Shabash, @imkuldeep18 ? Lets do a 5 for ?
— Suresh Raina (@ImRaina) September 21, 2017