Cricketing Trends on Social Media Today
Here's how the cricketers spent their day on Twitter and Instagram today.
Updated - Nov 3, 2020 10:06 am
The cricketing trends on social media revolved around a number of events. The talks were mostly around the match between the Delhi Capitals (DC) and Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium in Abu Dhabi. Former Indian cricketer Aakash Chopra reckoned that Kagiso Rabada would get rid of Shivam Dube. In the end, Rabada removed Dube, who was batting on 17 off 11 balls.
The Challengers went on to post 152 for the loss of seven wickets in their first innings. Devdutt Padikkal scored 50 runs and was their standout batsman. He got decent support from RCB skipper Virat and AB de Villiers. In the meantime, Shane Watson called time on his IPL career. He played three seasons for the Chennai Super Kings (CSK), captained by MS Dhoni, before hanging his boots from the T20 league.
After he called it a day, a number of cricketers, both former and current, sent their best wishes for the former Australian cricketer. Chris Gayle asked the fans to continue watching the IPL after Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) made their exit from the IPL after their defeat to CSK on Sunday.
Wahab Riaz was over the moon after Faf du Plessis joined the Peshawar Zami squad for the 2020 PSL playoffs. Scott Styris and Michae Vaughan had a hilarious banter. Hardik Pandya shared a stylish picture of himself on social media.
1. Sandeep Lamichhane happy after DC make the playoffs
On to the playoffs now.👊 Well done everyone. Valuable efforts by each and every individual. Two more steps now.✌️@DelhiCapitals 💙
— Sandeep Lamichhane (@Sandeep25) November 2, 2020
2. Aakash Chopra feels Kagiso Rabada can dismiss Shivam Dube
Rabada to dismiss Dube?
— Aakash Chopra (@cricketaakash) November 2, 2020
3. An emotional David Miller after Rajasthan Royals’ exit from the tournament
A heartbreaking end to the season, but some great performances by the lads!
Sometimes you learn more from losing than winning. It’s certainly made us want to fight that much harder. Huge thanks to all Royals fans for their support throughout. #HallaBol pic.twitter.com/yYeNYE4BkY
— David Miller (@DavidMillerSA12) November 2, 2020
4. A stylish Hardik Pandya
— hardik pandya (@hardikpandya7) November 2, 2020
5. Graeme Smith celebrating his anniversary
— Graeme Smith (@GraemeSmith49) November 2, 2020
6. Sam Billings congratulates Shane Watson on a brilliant IPL career
— Sam Billings (@sambillings) November 2, 2020
7. Mayank Agarwal thanks Karnataka Government for Eklavya Award
I'm grateful to the Government of Karnataka for acknowledging me with Eklavya Award. It has always been a pleasure representing this wonderful state. 🙏
I owe my sincere gratitude to all the coaches, family and friends who have helped me grow leaps and bounds in life. 😇
— Mayank Agarwal (@mayankcricket) November 2, 2020
8. Danny Morrison congratulates Shane Watson as well
— Danny Morrison (@SteelyDan66) November 2, 2020
9. A saddened Rashid Khan after the Kabul University Attack
— Rashid Khan (@rashidkhan_19) November 2, 2020
10. A proud Wasim Jaffer after KXIP’s exit from IPL 2020
To all @lionsdenkxip fans, we fought and we fought but it wasn't to be. But your support especially when we were down is what kept us going. Thank you for supporting, we hope we entertained you and gave something to smile about in these difficult times. #SaddaPunjab #IPL2020 pic.twitter.com/2n4vUDOy9H
— Wasim Jaffer (@WasimJaffer14) November 2, 2020
11. Dinesh Karthik wishes Shah Rukh Khan and VVS Laxman on birthday
— DK (@DineshKarthik) November 2, 2020
12. Wahab Riaz excited to have Faf du Plessis in the Peshawar Zalmi
— Wahab Riaz (@WahabViki) November 2, 2020
13. Scott Styris’ hilarious banter with Michael Vaughan
— Scott Styris (@scottbstyris) November 2, 2020
14. Chris Gayle requests fans to continue watching the IPL
— Chris Gayle (@henrygayle) November 2, 2020
15. A determined Wriddhiman Saha
— Wriddhiman Saha (@Wriddhipops) November 2, 2020