Cricketing Trends on Social Media today
Here's how the cricketers spent their day on Twitter and Instagram today.
Updated - Nov 5, 2020 11:24 pm
The cricketing trends on social media revolved around a number of events. Most of the talks were surrounding the Qualifier 1 of the 2020 edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL). The match was played between the Mumbai Indians (MI) and the Delhi Capitals (DC) at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium.
The Capitals won the toss and opted to field first, but their decision backfired as Rohit Sharma and Co amassed 200 runs for the loss of five wickets in their 20 overs. It was complete dominance from the Mumbai-based franchise. Ishan Kishan top-scored for them with an unbeaten 30-ball 50.
In the meantime, Suryakumar Yadav conjured praises from the cricketing fraternity. He scored 51 runs off 38 balls before right-arm fast bowler Anrich Nortje nipped him out. Michael Vaughan, the former England cricketer, was so impressed with him that he went on to call him the best player of spin bowling in world cricket.
In Sharjah, the second game of the Women’s T20 Challenge between Velocity and Trailblazers took place. After electing to bat first, the Velocity were shot out for a meagre 47 runs. Smriti Mandhana’s women tracked the target down with 73 balls to spare.
Sophie Ecclestone, England’s left-arm spinner, was the Player of the Match after she picked up four wickets. Virat Kohli, the RCB skipper, turned 32 years old and he was greeted with praises from his mates. Eoin Morgan was glad to represent the KKR in the 2020 IPL.
1. Irfan Pathan lauds Mumbai Indians after they make the final
— Irfan Pathan (@IrfanPathan) November 5, 2020
2. Shane Warne in an isolation room in Perth
Hello Perth & hello self isolation – that means I’m not allowed to leave this room for 14 days 😩😩😩😩😩😩😩 pic.twitter.com/7OYIPOwq8c
— Shane Warne (@ShaneWarne) November 5, 2020
3. Sachin Tendulkar heaps praise on Ravi Ashwin
3 BIG wickets taken by @ashwinravi99.
— Sachin Tendulkar (@sachin_rt) November 5, 2020
4. Harbhajan Singh awestruck with Suryakumar Yadav’s class
— Harbhajan Turbanator (@harbhajan_singh) November 5, 2020
5. Michael Vaughan calls Surykumar Yadav the best player of spin bowling
Suryakumar Yadav is as good a player of Spin as anybody in the world right now … #IPL2020
— Michael Vaughan (@MichaelVaughan) November 5, 2020
6. Babar Azam has some words of wisdom
Take the road less traveled
No traffic jam guaranteed! 💪🏽 👊🏽 🙌🏽 pic.twitter.com/cCl9jXt0QI
— Babar Azam (@babarazam258) November 5, 2020
7. Veda Krishnamurty wishes Virat Kohli on birthday
Happy birthday @imVkohli
You are an inspiration to so many of us across the nation. May you continue to score tons of runs for India. 🥳🎉🎂
— Veda Krishnamurthy (@vedakmurthy08) November 5, 2020
8. Danny Morrison lauds Sophie Ecclestone after Trailblazer’s victory
— Danny Morrison (@SteelyDan66) November 5, 2020
9. Rohan Gavaskar on Velocity’s dramatic collapse
This was a freak game and not a true reflection of how good the players are . We have seen teams collapse in the ipl too !! #WomensT20Challenge
— Rohan Gavaskar (@rohangava9) November 5, 2020
10. Rishabh Pant wishes Virat Kohli on birthday
— Rishabh Pant (@RishabhPant17) November 5, 2020
11. Prithvi Shaw lauds Virat Kohli on birthday
Happy Birthday skipper!! Glad to have played alongside you and learnt from the best in the business 😇 pic.twitter.com/7dDwt3f9dc
— Prithvi Shaw (@PrithviShaw) November 5, 2020
12. Anjum Chopra before Velocity’s match against Trailblazers in Sharjah
— Anjum Chopra (@chopraanjum) November 5, 2020
13. Shoaib Akhtar loved his animation video
— Shoaib Akhtar (@shoaib100mph) November 5, 2020
14. Dinesh Chandimal has some motivational words
— dinesh chandimal (@chandi_17) November 5, 2020
15. A grateful Eoin Morgan after stint with the Kolkata Knight Riders
— Eoin Morgan (@Eoin16) November 5, 2020