Cricketing Trends on Social Media today
Here's how the fraternity spent its day on social media platforms.
Updated - Nov 2, 2019 6:55 pm
India celebrated National Sports Day on 29th August 2019. This day also marks the birth anniversary of Dhyan Chand and the ‘Fit India Movement’ was launched. Thus, most of the cricketers in the country tweeted about these three topics. The likes of Cheteshwar Pujara, Jasprit Bumrah, Robin Uthappa and many others paid their tributes to the hockey legend and urged everyone to stay fit by picking up a sport.
Kedar Jadhav, on the other hand, had a special kind of celebration on this day. Along with former Indian skipper MS Dhoni and a few others, he played hockey and shared the picture on the micro-blogging site. In the other trends on the day, Sanjay Manjrekar wished Ajantha Mendis a great post-retirement career and wrote that he was a huge fan of the bowler.
Danielle Wyatt and Smriti Mandhana seemed excited that they would be taking part in the finals day of KSL 2019. Bishan Singh Bedi and Sandeep Lamichanne came up with philosophical tweets. While Sachin Tendulkar spent time with Jeeya, a budding cricketer, David Warner and the other Australian cricketers were involved in a fun game of rugby. Also, Wriddhiman Saha hit the nets ahead of the second Test against the Windies.
1. Sanjay Manjrekar wished Ajantha Mendis a great post-retirement career
Didn’t play for too long but he grabbed the spotlight every time with his unique skills. Was a big fan of Ajantha Mendis & his wicket taking abilities. I wish him a great post retirement career????#AjanthaMendis
— Sanjay Manjrekar (@sanjaymanjrekar) August 29, 2019
2. Chesteshwar Pujara paid tributes to Dhyan Chand on his birthday
On this #NationalSportsDay paying my tribute to the wizard of hockey, Dhyan Chand Ji on his birth anniversary???? Also respect to all the sports men and women who play for our country ????????
— cheteshwar pujara (@cheteshwar1) August 29, 2019
3. Let’s pick a sport up to keep fit
— Jasprit Bumrah (@Jaspritbumrah93) August 29, 2019
4. Robin Uthappa wished all the athletes a Happy National Sports Day
— Robin Aiyuda Uthappa (@robbieuthappa) August 29, 2019
5. Smile if you are going to Hove on Sunday for Finals Day
— Danielle Wyatt (@Danni_Wyatt) August 29, 2019
6. Bishan Singh Bedi shared some words of wisdom
— Bishan Bedi (@BishanBedi) August 29, 2019
7. What’s the similarity between Whatsapp and Diaper?
— Aakash Chopra (@cricketaakash) August 29, 2019
8. Sachin Tendulkar spent some valuable time with Jeeya, a budding cricketer
For any sportsperson, the constant support from family is crucial.
It was lovely interacting with Jeeya, a budding cricketer, and her dad, Guruprasad who always helps her chase her dreams despite all challenges. It’s an interesting journey ahead for both of them.. all the best!???????? pic.twitter.com/qMi8KXwMv6
— Sachin Tendulkar (@sachin_rt) August 29, 2019
9. Smriti Mandhana is thrilled to be taking part in the KSL 2019 Final
— Smriti Mandhana (@mandhana_smriti) August 29, 2019
10. Karma will hit you back
“KARMA” will hit you back.
— Sandeep Lamichhane (@IamSandeep25) August 29, 2019
11. David Warner shared a video from the friendly rugby game with a lot of joyful moments
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by David Warner (@davidwarner31) on
12. Wriddhiman Saha hit the nets before the second Test against Windies
Practice day ???????????? pic.twitter.com/Au2xhQDqM2
— Wriddhiman Saha (@Wriddhipops) August 29, 2019
13. Harbhajan Singh perfectly addresses the present-day situation
Our life presently ???????????? pic.twitter.com/BDCFrf0Nox
— Harbhajan Turbanator (@harbhajan_singh) August 29, 2019
14. Dinesh Chandimal has some words of self-motivation as he fights to make it back into the Sri Lanka XI
— dinesh chandimal (@chandi_17) August 29, 2019
15. Kedar Jadhav spent time playing hockey with MS Dhoni and others on National Sports Day
— IamKedar (@JadhavKedar) August 29, 2019