Cricketing trends on social media today
The legendary Sachin Tendulkar has been admitted to the hospital.
Updated - Apr 2, 2021 9:45 pm
If you are an Indian cricket fan, then April 2nd, 2011 is a date that will be etched in your memory. It was on this day 10 years ago, that the Indian side beat Sri Lanka with 6 wickets to spare to win the fifty over World Cup for the first time in almost three decades. And, a number of cricketers ranging from Virender Sehwag to Suresh Raina have thrown light on one of the greatest moments in the history of Indian sport.
The legendary Sachin Tendulkar has been admitted to the hospital today, and several cricketers have taken to social media to wish Tendulkar well. Meanwhile, Ravindra Jadeja has posted a picture where he has caught up with Mahendra Singh Dhoni ahead of the 14th edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL). Former England cricketer Kevin Pietersen has urged all the other cricket boards not to schedule any international matches when the IPL is going on.
And finally, Irfan Pathan has offered his expert comments on the strategies that the Mumbai Indians (MI) side should adopt for the 14th edition of the IPL. So, without wasting time, let us take a glimpse into the social media accounts of our favorite cricketers.
1. Sachin Tendulkar admitted to the hospital
Thank you for your wishes and prayers. As a matter of abundant precaution under medical advice, I have been hospitalised. I hope to be back home in a few days. Take care and stay safe everyone.
Wishing all Indians & my teammates on the 10th anniversary of our World Cup 🇮🇳 win.
— Sachin Tendulkar (@sachin_rt) April 2, 2021
2. JP Duminy congratulates Van Der Dussen for his maiden ODI century
— JP Duminy (@jpduminy21) April 2, 2021
3. Irfan Pathan offers his opinion on the Mumbai Indians’ side
Strongest team in the competition.If Hardik is bowling full quota and Pollard can chip in a few overs. What say MI fans ?? pic.twitter.com/NzXEaJXs0N
— Irfan Pathan (@IrfanPathan) April 2, 2021
4. Washington Sundar reflects on India’s 2011 World Cup victory
I was 11 when we won the WC in 2011 🏆 What a moment for every Indian! 🇮🇳😀 pic.twitter.com/MuGteRUxbY
— Washington Sundar (@Sundarwashi5) April 2, 2021
5. Dinesh Karthik reckons that the memories of the 2011 World Cup still stay fresh
— DK (@DineshKarthik) April 2, 2021
6. Wasim Akram is sure that Sachin Tendulkar will hit Covid-19 for a six
Even when you were 16, you battled world’s best bowlers with guts and aplomb… so I am sure you will hit Covid-19 for a SIX! Recover soon master! Would be great if you celebrate India’s World Cup 2011 anniversary with doctors and hospital staff… do send me a pic! https://t.co/ICO3vto9Pb
— Wasim Akram (@wasimakramlive) April 2, 2021
7. Siddharth Kaul still gets goosebumps thinking about the 2011 World Cup triumph
10 Years to the this moment ! World Cup 2011 Victory was the dream of every indian for 28 years back then. Everytime i remember that day I get goosebumps. #JaiHind #MaaTujheSalaam #cricketworldcup #2011 #india #teamindia pic.twitter.com/8rrWf4Ta2u
— Siddharth Kaul (@iamsidkaul) April 2, 2021
8. Harbhajan Singh wishes Sachin Tendulkar a speedy recovery
Get well soon Paji 🙏🙏 https://t.co/yN4Nrkl70h
— Harbhajan Turbanator (@harbhajan_singh) April 2, 2021
9. Irfan Pathan states that the 2011 World Cup victory was the proudest moment for an Indian cricketer
It was the proudest moment for a cricketer, brother and a Indian cricket team’s fan https://t.co/viMNS3bTte
— Irfan Pathan (@IrfanPathan) April 2, 2021
10. Suresh Raina states that the 2011 World Cup victory will be cherished forever
#10years of winning the World Cup, fulfilling the dream of every Indian around the world. It’s such a nostalgic feeling where I can relive each moment of lifting the trophy & making our country proud. It will be cherished forever. #Worldcup2011 #IndianCricketTeam @BCCI 🇮🇳 pic.twitter.com/IFOttlXbUr
— Suresh Raina🇮🇳 (@ImRaina) April 2, 2021
11. Ravindra Jadeja meets his CSK skipper
— Ravindrasinh jadeja (@imjadeja) April 2, 2021
12. Ravi Shastri remembers India’s epic 2011 World Cup victory
— Ravi Shastri (@RaviShastriOfc) April 2, 2021
13. Hemang Badani offers his thoughts on India’s 2011 World Cup victory
2011 WC Triumph was definitely one of the greatest moment of my sport-watching experience. The night that brought India to a standstill and Team 🇮🇳 were crowned World Champions 🏆 Brings so much joy watching it even after a decade. #10YearsOf2011WC pic.twitter.com/oTWzEcTp0Z
— Hemang Badani (@hemangkbadani) April 2, 2021
14. Virender Sehwag and the moment of his lifetime
— Virender Sehwag (@virendersehwag) April 2, 2021
15. Kevin Pietersen feels that the IPL is the biggest show in town
Cricket boards need to realise that the @IPL is the biggest show in town.
DO NOT schedule ANY international games whilst it’s on.
V v v simple!
— Kevin Pietersen🦏 (@KP24) April 2, 2021