Cricketing Trends on Social Media Today
Here is what the cricketing community was talking about in the last 24 hours.
The twelfth edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) is less than 24 hours away. Therefore, a majority of the cricketing trends on Friday revolved around the league. Rashid Khan joined the Sunrisers Hyderabad today and tweeted that he was pleased to be back with the ‘Orange Army’. Rohit Sharma shared a few pictures from his practice and media sessions with the Mumbai Indians. He seems very eager to get onto the field and perform for his team.
Meanwhile, Suresh Raina had an important request for all of his fans. He asked them not to litter the stadiums and only use dustbins to dispose of their wastes. There were some trends about the first ODI between Pakistan and Australia as well. Even though the hosts scored 280 runs, Rameez Raja wasn’t completely impressed with the performance. He felt they didn’t finish well in the first innings. On the other hand, Mohammad Hafeez congratulated Haris Sohail for registering his maiden ODI century.
1. Rashid Khan joined the Sunrisers Hyderabad ahead of the new IPL season
Pleased to be back with #OrangeArmy 😍😍😍
— Rashid Khan (@rashidkhan_19) March 22, 2019
2. Gautam Gambhir took it to Twitter to announce the news of him joining politics
I have joined @BJP4India to serve the country with right intent and honesty. I hope through this I can make some meaningful difference to the lives of my people.
— Gautam Gambhir (@GautamGambhir) March 22, 2019
3. Rohit Sharma feels ecstatic to be back in the blue and gold
— Rohit Sharma (@ImRo45) March 22, 2019
4. Mitchell Johnson adviced his followers on how to deal with social media
Social media 🤣 you’ve just got to smile & get on with life 😁
— Mitchell Johnson (@MitchJohnson398) March 22, 2019
5. Sachin Tendulkar congratulates the athletes who have won a total of 368 medals at the World Games, Abu Dhabi
Special people do special things.
— Sachin Tendulkar (@sachin_rt) March 22, 2019
6. Dean Jones is excited to join Star Sports and Jatin Sapru for IPL 2019
— Dean Jones (@ProfDeano) March 22, 2019
7. Ramiz Raja isn’t entirely impressed with Pakistan’s batting performance in the first ODI against Australia
Pakistan were looking good for a 300 plus but couldn’t get the power hitting part right.. also feel some of the selected players needn’t think as if they are under trial.. got to go out there and express yourself and not worry about performance pressure.
— Ramiz Raja (@iramizraja) March 22, 2019
8. Shubman Gill is ready to light up the Eden, once again
— Shubman Gill (@RealShubmanGill) March 22, 2019
9. Mohammad Hafeez congratulated Haris Sohail on his maiden ODI hundred
Congratulations Haris Sohail to score maiden 💯 in Odi 👍🏼👏🏼 , Well played
— Mohammad Hafeez (@MHafeez22) March 22, 2019
10. Hemang Badani expressed his views about the Royal Challengers Bangalore squad
RCB have always had some magnificent wins over the years but their biggest weaknesses lies in their fast bowling. I am afraid if its going to be no different this year. Happy to be proved wrong. Plenty of load on Virat/AB's shoulders. Hoping the young Hetmeyer shares some of it. pic.twitter.com/hzp1v3wiyP
— Hemang Badani (@hemangkbadani) March 22, 2019
11. Common sense is not a gift, it’s a punishment
— Bishan Bedi (@BishanBedi) March 22, 2019
12. Suresh Raina has a special request for the fans ahead of IPL 2019
The @IPL fever is kicking in! Aren’t you excited? But, hang on! Did you know an average #cricket match in #India produces 3-4.5 tons of waste. So, how are you going to help keep our stadiums clean? I'd say, go for the bins & #DontBeMeanKeepItClean. @SwachhBharatGov #SwachhIndia pic.twitter.com/UHKIeWXTvr
— Suresh Raina🇮🇳 (@ImRaina) March 22, 2019
13. Amit Mishra shared a picture of the view from his room
— Amit Mishra (@MishiAmit) March 22, 2019
14. Irfan Pathan shared a picture with his father and son
— Irfan Pathan (@IrfanPathan) March 22, 2019
15. Mandeep Singh cherishes being back with the RCB
The backbenchers are back together 😉🙌🤙 pic.twitter.com/3SN4DobqlY
— Mandeep Singh (@mandeeps12) March 22, 2019