Dwayne Bravo, Aaron Finch re-sign for Melbourne Renegades
Published - Aug 1, 2016 6:49 am | Updated - Aug 1, 2016 6:49 am
Melbourne Renegades have re-signed West Indian all-rounder Dwayne Bravo and Australian Aaron Finch for the upcoming Big Bash League (BBL) season. Bravo, one of the Renegades’ two foreign players, has agreed to a one-year deal and will be playing his third consecutive season for the Renegades while Finch has signed a three-year deal.
Stuart Coventry, Renegades chief executive, said Bravo’s return was “fantastic” for the franchise. “He was a driving force for us last season and brings an enthusiasm and intensity about his play that is a really positive combination for the rest of the squad,” he said on Monday (August 1). “We’re delighted Aaron has agreed to extend his relationship with the club. As captain, he is a critical part of our Renegades family and a big factor for our members and fans.
“His record in the BBL needs no introduction and we’re looking forward to the next three seasons,” he added.
The Renegades are now on the lookout to replace Chris Gayle. The franchise has decided not to re-sign due to the West Indian batsman’s infamous interview with television reporter Mel McLaughlin in January.
The team have been active in the off-season. Their squad has been boosted by the inclusion of veteran spinner chinaman Brad Hogg and batsman Marcus Harris. Both of them were previously associated with the Perth Scorchers. The franchise is also searching for a successor to David Saker, who recently departed as head coach to take a position as Australia’s full-time bowling coach.