From A Statistician Eye – The Champions League T20
Updated - Aug 30, 2014 8:31 am
The fight for the Champion of Champions begins on September 13 with a qualifying round consisting of Lahore Lions, Mumbai Indians, Northern Districts and Southern Express, who will fight for two places in the main round. Barbados Tridents, Cape Cobras, Chennai Super Kings, Dolphins, Hobart Hurricanes, Kings XI Punjab, Kolkata Knight and Perth Scorchers have already guaranteed their place in the main round.
It should be remembered that the participating teams are from the top cricketing nations and determined by the premier Twenty20 tournaments of those nations. Each edition has featured teams from India, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, the West Indies and Sri Lanka.
All the teams have already announced their squads for this edition, Click Here
Here is a look at the previous winners of this tournament:
Only Mumbai Indians have participated in two Finals and have won them both. Chennai, Sydney and New South Wales have one title each.
Like IPL, Suresh Raina leads the chart here too with 608 runs. Kieron Pollard and David Warner lag behind with 592 and 556 runs.
Another CSKian leads the bowling charts; Dwayne Bravo has 28 wickets in CLT20 which are the most by any bowler in the CLT20. Narine and Ashwin – the two spinners are at 2nd and 3rd position.
- Otago Volts 242/4 vs Perth Scorchers, 2013
- RCB 215/8 vs South Australia, 2011
- South Australia 214/2 vs RCB, 2011
- Central Districts 70 all out vs Wayamba, 2010
- Cape Cobras 84 all out vs DD, 2009
- Titans 89 vs KKR, 2012
- Kieron Pollard – 45
- David Warner – 27
- Chris Gayle – 24
Most Dismissals by a Wicket-Keeper:
- MS Dhoni – 21
- Brad Haddin – 12
- Denesh Ramdin – 10
Most Catches by a Fielder:
- Lendl Simmons – 12
- Kieron Pollard – 12
- Alviro Pietersen – 11
- The winner will get a prize of $2.5 Million while the runner-up will get $1.3 Million.
- Mumbai Indians have played the most matches – 20.
- Trinidad and Tobago and Chennai Super Kings have WON the most matches -11 each.
- Royal Challengers Bangalore have LOST the most matches – 8.
- Mumbai Indians have played the most matches with NO RESULT – 3.
- MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai has hosted the most finals – 2.
- Kieron Pollard has played the most matches – 25.
- The 2008 and 2010 edition was played in South Africa.
- All editions of CLT20 have seen only 11 200+ team totals and as many team totals of less than 100.
- Kieron Pollard has featured in every edition of CLT20.
- MS Dhoni has played most matches as Captain – 18.
stats updated till 13th Sept 2014