India vs Sri Lanka: 11 Memes from the Indore T20I
Indore proved to be a graveyard for the bowlers and a hotbed for the meme creators.
Published - Dec 23, 2017 9:30 pm | Updated - Dec 23, 2017 9:30 pm
The second game of the on-going T20I series between India and Sri Lanka at the Holkar Cricket Stadium, Indore was an absolute belter of a show. The combination of flat pitch and small boundaries made life hell for the bowlers as almost every bowler from both the camps travelled round the park and a total of 432 runs were scored in the game.
Thisara Perera won the toss and put India in to bat first and the Indian openers after being sedate for a couple of overs went absolutely bonkers and started smashing everything out of their sight. The sixes were flying long and deep into the stands from both ends as India raced to the score of 100 and then 150 inside the first 12 overs with Rohit Sharma equalling the world record of the fastest T20I hundred of all-time by getting there in just 35 balls.
With more than 8 overs still remaining in the game and the kind of mood Rohit was batting in, it seemed as if the first ever T20 double hundred was on the horizon, but the Sri Lankans somehow managed to get Rohit out at the score of 118 to give themselves a sigh of relief, however only for a brief period of time as India continued playing the big shots even after Rohit’s departure and finished at 260/5 which was the second highest team total in the history of T20 Internationals.
The Sri Lankan batsmen, in reply, also blazed away as Upul Tharanga and Kusal Perera put together a century partnership for the second wicket to create a few concerns in the Indian camp, however once the partnership was broken in the 14th over, the two Indian wrist spinners Yuzvendra Chahal and Kuldeep Yadav were on a roll and restricted Sri Lanka to 172 handing them another huge defeat of 88 runs. Here are a few memes we created based on the game:
1. Thisara Perera’s misery just doesn’t seem to be ending.
2. Hard to believe Sri Lanka won a World T20 just three years ago.
3. Indian fans are definitely fed-up of India vs Sri Lanka matches.
4. Did Angelo Mathews have an escape?
5. People who are still backing Sri Lanka must be special!
6. The Sri Lankan fans were one happy bunch when Rohit perished.
7. Nuwan Pradeep certainly didn’t want to bowl anymore.
8. It was a tough day for Russel Arnold.
9. Kusal Perera did hit some big ones.
10. Virat Kohli must have laid back and enjoyed Rohit’s batting
11. How can someone still doubt MSD’s worth?