From a Statistician's eye – The Investec Test Series
Updated - Aug 18, 2014 6:14 pm
The Investec Test Series started with high hopes from India and they proved it right after leading 1-0 at one stage but England bounced back and clinched the series 3-1, forcing India towards another Overseas test series loss. Here I present statically the analysis of this series:
Joe Root stood on top of the run-getters list with 518 runs in only 7 innings of the series. Gary Balance came at 2nd with 503 runs in as many innings as Joe Root. Murali Vijay is at number 3 with 402 runs in 10 innings.
Jimmy Anderson took 25 wickets in the series and is at the top of the wicket-takers list of the series. Part-time spinner Moeen Ali troubled India with his off-spins and he is at number 2. Stuart Broad took 19 wickets in the series, so did Bhuvneshwar Kumar, they are at 3 and 4.
- 5213 runs were scored in the series while the bowlers took 159 wickets altogether.
- Seven centuries were scored in the series – 5 by England, 2 by India.
- Twenty-Seven half centuries were scored in the series – 14 by England, 13 by India.
- Nineteen times batsmen were dismisses on a DUCK – 4 times from England, 15 times from India.
- Six 5-fers were taken in the series – 3 each by England and India.