What happened in the cricket world today - April 16
Hers is a quick summary of the happenings in the world of cricket.
View : 472
3 Min Read
Here are the latest titbits of news that matter in the cricket world today.
1. Hanuma Vihari records a 23-ball duck for Warwickshire on County debut
Hanuma Vihari huffed and puffed his way to a 23-ball duck against Nottinghamshire. Vihari is not a part of any IPL team and has opted to play in the County Championships in a bid to prepare himself for the World Test Championship (WTC) final.
2. IPL 2021: Ajay Jadeja slams Rishabh Pant for not putting bowlers into proper use against RR
Former Indian cricketer Ajay Jadeja minced no words and lambasted Delhi Capitals’ skipper Rishabh Pant for his captaincy in the match between Delhi Capitals and Rajasthan Royals. Jadeja opined that Pant opted for a defensive approach.
3. IPL 2021: Anrich Nortje joins Delhi Capitals bubble; franchise confirms earlier positive result was false
The Delhi Capitals (DC) outfit has stated that the news of Anrich Nortje testing positive for Covid-19 was not true. The South African pacer is all set to play in the match between Delhi Capitals (DC) and Punjab Kings (PBKS) on 18th April 2021.
4. AB de Villiers reveals the four-point advice to Virat Kohli to regain his form
It is a known fact that Virat Kohli and AB de Villiers share a mutual respect for each other on and off the field. AB de Villiers has now opened up on the advice that he gave Virat Kohli.
5. MS Dhoni can’t be leading CSK while batting at No.7: Gautam Gambhir
Gautam Gambhir is a cricketer who is always vocal about his views. The former Indian cricketer opined that CSK skipper MS Dhoni should be batting higher up the order.
6. Celebrities like Sachin Tendulkar should not get admitted to hospital, should take treatment at home: Maharashtra minister
Indian cricketing legend Sachin Tendulkar was hospitalized recently after testing positive for Covid-19. And now, Maharashtra’s textiles minister, Aslam Sheikh has opined that celebrities like Akshay Kumar and Sachin Tendulkar should not occupy beds in the hospital.
7. ‘I might have skinny legs but I am quite quick’ – Chris Morris after Sanju Samson denying him single against PBKS
Chris Morris turned out to be the hero with the willow for the Rajasthan Royals in their match against the Delhi Capitals (DC). Morris has now stated that he is quick between the wickets.
8. ‘Probably a mistake on our behalf’ – Ricky Ponting rues not completing Ravi Ashwin’s quota in RR vs DC match
Ravichandran Ashwin bowled 3 overs and gave away just 14 runs against the Rajasthan Royals on 15th April 2021. And now, Delhi Capitals’ Head Coach Ricky Ponting feels that the Delhi outfit made a mistake by not allowing Ashwin to bowl his quota of 4 overs.