What happened in the cricket world today – April 19
Here is the quick wrap-up of the news that matters in the cricket world today.
Updated - Apr 19, 2021 9:07 pm
Here are the titbits of news that matter in the cricket world today.
1. ‘When he looks back, he will regret a little’ – Aakash Chopra criticizes KL Rahul’s knock against DC
Former Indian cricketer Aakash Chopra is not happy with the way KL Rahul paced his innings in the clash between Delhi Capitals (DC) and Punjab Kings (PBKS). Chopra feels that the Punjab skipper should have accelerated more.
2. IPL 2021: Aakash Chopra questions Eoin Morgan’s tactics against Royal Challengers Bangalore
Cricketer turned commentator Aakash Chopra has expressed his displeasure over Eoin Morgan’s tactics as the captain in the match between Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) and Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR).
3. IPL 2021: Michael Vaughan explains why RCB is the right franchise for Glenn Maxwell
Australian cricketer Glenn Maxwell has set the 14th IPL edition alight with his dazzling performances with the willow. And now, former England skipper Michael Vaughan has opined that Maxwell is able to excel in RCB because of players of the caliber of Virat Kohli and AB de Villiers in the RCB side.
4. After getting dropped from the Test side in Australia, I started worrying about my technique: Prithvi Shaw
21-year-old batting sensation Prithvi Shaw has experienced a good start to the 2021 edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL). The Delhi Capitals’ batsman has scored 106 runs in the 3 innings that he has played so far at an average of 35.33. Shaw has now stated that he began to worry about his batting technique after getting dropped from the Indian side during the Test series against Australia.
5. IPL 2021: Brendon McCullum hints at Sunil Narine’s comeback in KKR’s next match against CSK
Sunil Narine has not yet played even a single match for the Kolkata Knight Riders in the 2021 edition of the IPL. And now, KKR Head Coach Brendon McCullum has opened up on Narine’s return to the side.
6. IPL 2021: AB de Villiers reveals what Glenn Maxwell said to him when he came out to bat against KKR
AB de Villiers and Glenn Maxwell tore into the KKR bowling attack on 18th April 2021. While de Villiers scored 76* off 34 deliveries, Maxwell scored a 49-ball 78. And now, the South African batting legend has revealed what Glenn Maxwell told him when he entered to wield the willow.
7. Free hit on No ball is worst ever rule in cricket: Rashid Latif
In the game of cricket, when a bowler oversteps the popping crease, a no-ball is awarded. Not only will a no-ball be awarded, but the next ball will also be a free hit for the batsman. And now, former Pakistan cricketer Rashid Latif has slammed the rule and stated that it is the worst rule in the game.
8. IPL 2021: Ben Stokes trolls Sunil Gavaskar for indifferent commentary during DC vs PBKS match
Cricketer turned commentator Sunil Gavaskar is a person who is outspoken. In the match between Punjab Kings (PBKS) and Delhi Capitals (DC), Gavaskar criticized Kagiso Rabada for not employing the bouncer tactic properly. And now, Ben Stokes has reacted to Gavaskar’s comments on air.