What happened in the cricket world today – April 2
Here is the wrap-up of an entire day from the world of cricket.
Updated - Apr 2, 2021 9:43 pm
Here are the titbits of news that matter in the cricket world today.
1. When MS Dhoni ‘shaved off his head’ and pleasantly surprised Team India after the 2011 World Cup triumph
The enigmatic Mahendra Singh Dhoni played a pivotal role in India winning the 2011 World Cup by smashing a stunning 91* in the summit clash against Sri Lanka. And, after India’s World Cup victory, Dhoni shaved his head and revealed his bald look.
2. ‘Recover soon master’ – Wasim Akram posts heartwarming message for Sachin Tendulkar
One of the most worshipped Indian cricketers, Sachin Tendulkar has now been admitted to the hospital. And now, Pakistan bowling great Wasim Akram has wished Tendulkar a quick recovery.
3. Rishabh Pant is here to stay for 10 to 15 years: Suresh Raina
Rishabh Pant’s exploits with the willow in recent months have been the talk of the cricketing world. And now, Suresh Raina has stated that he is a massive fan of Rishabh Pant.
4. Tamim Iqbal plans to retire from one format to prolong Bangladesh career
Bangladesh batting great Tamim Iqbal has stated that he exactly knows which format he has to quit. Tamim stated that he would quit playing one format of the game so that he can give his best in the other two formats.
5. I want to get some extra tips from Kumar Sangakkara: Shivam Dube
Shivam Dube will offer his services for the Sanju Samson-led Rajasthan Royals franchise in the 2021 edition of the IPL. And now, Dube has stated that he will pick the brains of the legendary Kumar Sangakkara, who is the Director of Cricket for the Rajasthan outfit.
6. ‘People do talk about that one six for sure’ – Gautam Gambhir feels that India’s 2011 World Cup triumph was a team effort
Former Indian batsman Gautam Gambhir minced no words and stated that it was a team effort that helped India win the 2011 World Cup. Gambhir also opined that Yuvraj Singh was the unsung hero of the 2011 World Cup.
7. Sachin Tendulkar gets hospitalized a week after testing COVID-19 positive
The ‘God of Cricket’, Sachin Tendulkar has been hospitalized on the advice of his medical team. Tendulkar is the highest run-scorer in both the Test (15921) as well as the ODI (18426) format of the game.
8. Shakib Al Hasan names Ravindra Jadeja as one his three favorite current cricketers
Bangladesh cricketing legend Shakib Al Hasan has revealed that three of his favorite cricketers in the modern era are Kane Williamson, Ben Stokes and Ravindra Jadeja. Shakib also added that he will retire from the sport only when he feels that he is not enjoying cricket anymore.