What happened in the cricket world today – April 27
Here is the fast wrap-up of the events that took place in the world of cricket.
Updated - Apr 27, 2021 10:13 pm
Here are the titbits of news that matter in the cricket world today.
1. ‘The IPL is not entertainment’ – Jaydev Unadkat opines on whether the tournament should continue or not
Left-arm seamer Jaydev Unadkat, who is a part of the Rajasthan Royals side in the 2021 edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) has stated that the IPL is a cricketer’s livelihood. Unadkat also added that the IPL also supports so many other people who are a part of its ecosystem.
2. IPL 2021: BCCI arranging vaccine doses for all players, reveals Chris Lynn
Australian cricketer and Mumbai Indians (MI) recruit Chris Lynn has revealed that the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has arranged for vaccines for all the players who are participating in the 14th edition of the IPL.
3. IPL 2021: Australia PM asks players to take charge of travel arrangements as the T20 league isn’t a national duty
Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison has sent out a message to all the Australian cricketers who are taking part in IPL 2021 and has stated that the players will have to use their own resources to return back to Australia, as they are not on national duty.
4. IPL 2021: RCB head coach Simon Katich discloses how Virat Kohli improved Devdutt Padikkal’s game
Devdutt Padikkal has scored 188 runs in the 5 innings that he has played in the 2021 edition of the IPL and has scored his runs at an average of 47.00. And now, Simon Katich has revealed that Virat Kohli was able to guide Devdutt Padikkal regarding his game.
5. Cricket Australia makes 10% of every IPL contract, they can use it for a charter flight to bring its players home from IPL: Chris Lynn
Australian cricketer Chris Lynn, who is currently a part of the Rohit Sharma-led Mumbai Indians (MI) side has revealed that Cricket Australia makes 10% out of the contract amount of the Australian players involved with the IPL.
6. IPL 2021: Adam Zampa cites bubble fatigue and safety as the reasons to leave RCB camp
The RCB side suffered a blow as leg spinner Adam Zampa left the 14th edition of the IPL midway. And now, the Australian cricketer has explained that he left due to bubble fatigue. Zampa even stated that the bio bubbles in India are very vulnerable.
7. I don’t think RCB should play Dan Christian at all against DC: Aakash Chopra
Cricketer turned commentator Aakash Chopra has opined that the RCB side should play Daniel Sams in their playing XI instead of Dan Christian in their clash against Delhi Capitals.
8. IPL 2021: Brett Lee makes a contribution of 1 Bitcoin to India’s fight against COVID-19
Following in Pat Cummins’ shoes, former Australian cricketing legend Brett Lee has made a contribution of 1 Bitcoin to Crypto Relief to support India’s battle against Covid-19.