What happened in the cricket world today – April 28
Here is a quick summary of the news in the cricket world today.
Updated - Apr 28, 2021 10:06 pm
Here are the titbits of news that matter in the cricket world today.
1. New Zealand’s IPL bound player likely to travel to England directly for WTC Final
Due to the unprecedented surge in Covid-19 cases in India, New Zealand has banned flights from India. And now, the New Zealand Cricket Association Chief Executive Officer, Heath Mills has revealed that both New Zealand and Indian players will directly fly to England together.
2. Someone like Ravindra Jadeja has to be in all three formats: Suresh Raina
CSK all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja has set the IPL alight with his scintillating performances in every department of the game. And, IPL legend and CSK player Suresh Raina has opined that Ravindra Jadeja should feature in all the 3 formats for the Indian side.
3. T20 World Cup 2021 can’t go ahead in India: Ian Chappell
Former Australian cricketer Ian Chappell has opined that the T20 World Cup, which is slated to be held in the months of October and November this year should not take place in India.
4. IPL 2021: RP Singh to leave the commentators’ bio bubble after his father tests positive for COVID-19
RP Singh’s father has tested positive for Covid-19, and the former Indian pacer will be leaving the IPL bio bubble. Singh was there in the bubble as a part of the commentary team.
5. IPL 2021: Pragyan Ojha backs Delhi Capitals’ Rishabh Pant to lead Team India in the future
Former Indian bowler Pragyan Ojha has opined that if Rishabh Pant can bat in the same way he is doing right now and also show some maturity, he can lead the Indian side.
6. IPL 2021: Brian Lara ‘worried’ for Rohit Sharma’s Mumbai Indians after indifferent start to their sojourn
Former West Indies captain and cricketing legend Brian Lara has opined that he is worried about the form of the Rohit Sharma-led Mumbai Indians (MI) side.
7. IPL 2021: Ricky Ponting opens up on the ‘strange feeling’ in the Delhi Capitals’ camp amidst the COVID-19 pandemic
With the deadly Covid-19 pandemic raging across the entire country, Australian cricketing icon and Delhi Capitals’ (DC) Head Coach Ricky Ponting has stated that his heart goes out to all the people in India who are struggling.
8. ‘I won’t give him even 5 out of 10’ – Virender Sehwag unimpressed with Rishabh Pant’s captaincy in DC vs RCB game
Outspoken cricketing legend Virender Sehwag has slammed Delhi Capitals’ (DC) skipper Rishabh Pant and has stated that a captain should manage his bowling resources according to the situation.