What happened in the cricket world today – April 6
Here is the wrap-up of the day from the world of cricket.
Updated - Apr 6, 2021 9:39 pm
Here are the titbits of news that matter in the cricket world today.
1. My first match as captain will be against Mahi Bhai: Rishabh Pant
Rishabh Pant will lead the Delhi Capitals’ side in the 2021 edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL). And, the Delhi outfit will face the Chennai Super Kings (CSK) in their inaugural match, which means that Pant will clash with the legendary MS Dhoni.
2. When Prithvi Shaw is not scoring runs, he won’t bat, and when he is scoring runs, he wants to keep batting all the time: Ricky Ponting
Delhi Capitals’ Head Coach Ricky Ponting has offered his opinion on 21-year-old batting sensation Prithvi Shaw. Ponting stated that when Shaw is not scoring runs, he does not like to go out in the nets and bat at all.
3. IPL 2021: Mumbai Indians talent scout and wicket-keeping consultant Kiran More tests positive for COVID-19
Former Indian cricketer and Mumbai Indians’ wicket-keeping consultant Kiran More has now tested positive for Covid-19. More represented India in 49 Tests and 94 ODIs.
4. Got congratulatory messages from Mahi Bhai after becoming RR captain: Sanju Samson
Sanju Samson will lead the Rajasthan Royals’ side in the 14th edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL). Samson has now stated that he got a congratulatory message from the iconic MS Dhoni. Apart from Dhoni, the likes of Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma also wished Samson.
5. Devdutt Padikkal names Gautam Gambhir as his cricketing role model
Devdutt Padikkal set the IPL alight last year by scoring 473 runs at an average of 31.53. And now, the 20-year-old has stated that former Indian batsman Gautam Gambhir is his role model.
6. Indians are a bit more tolerant than overseas players on mental health: Sourav Ganguly
Mental health is an issue that is of vital importance in the sporting world. And now, BCCI President Sourav Ganguly has opened up on the topic.
7. IPL 2021: Pumped up David Warner expresses his excitement ahead of the new season
Sun Risers Hyderabad (SRH) skipper and Australian batting superstar David Warner is geared up for the 2021 edition of the IPL. Warner is the third-highest run-scorer in IPL history and has amassed 5254 runs at an average of 42.71.
8. A fan asks Pat Cummins reasons behind India’s win at Gabba; KKR pacer responds hilariously
Australian cricketer Pat Cummins revealed his witty self to the world and answered a fan as to why India beat Australia at The Gabba in Brisbane earlier this year.