What happened in the cricket world today – July 13
Here is the quick wrap-up of the events that matter in the world of cricket today.
Updated - Jul 13, 2021 7:48 pm
Here are the titbits of news that matter in the world of cricket today.
1. Hardik Pandya has to work on his remodeled action if he wishes to play Tests longer, reckons childhood coach
Hardik Pandya’s childhood coach Jitender Singh feels that the Indian all-rounder has to work on his remodeled action if he wants to play Test cricket on a regular basis.
2. ‘Finding it difficult to handle myself emotionally’ – Kapil Dev inconsolable after Yashpal Sharma’s sudden demise
Legendary Indian cricketer Kapil Dev has revealed that he is finding it very difficult to handle the news of the death of his former teammate Yashpal Sharma.
3. Reports: Sourav Ganguly confirms the making of biopic, actor Ranbir Kapoor in line to play the role
Former Indian captain and current BCCI President Sourav Ganguly has confirmed that he has agreed for a biopic to be made on his life. Actor Ranbir Kapoor is slated to play Ganguly’s role.
4. ‘ICC don’t want me to use the Universe Boss’ – Chris Gayle on his new bat stickers
West Indies’ batting veteran Chris Gayle has revealed the reason why he changed his bat stickers in the T20I series against Australia.
5. Saqib Mahmood could step into Stuart Broad’s shoes: Michael Atherton
Michael Atherton feels that Saqib Mahmood could fill in for the legendary Stuart Broad in the England cricket team.
6. ‘At the moment, it looks unlikely’ – Deep Dasgupta on ‘Kul-Cha’ playing together in T20 World Cup
Deep Dasgupta reckons that the duo of Kuldeep Yadav and Yuzvendra Chahal will not play together for India in the 2021 T20 World Cup.
7. ‘If we cannot give them the suitable punishment, they will never learn’ – Aravinda De Silva on the Sri Lankan bio bubble fiasco
Former Sri Lankan cricketer Aravinda De Silva has offered his thoughts on the incident where three Sri Lankan cricketers breached the bio bubble.
8. ‘Just respect the Universe Boss’ – Chris Gayle slams his critics after hitting match-winning fifty
Batting gladiator Chris Gayle has stated that he should be respected. He even asked his critics to enjoy watching him play.