What happened in the cricket world today – July 17
Here is the quick wrap-up of the events that grabbed the spotlight in the world of cricket today.
Updated - Jul 17, 2021 8:37 pm
Here are the titbits of news that matter in the world of cricket today.
1. Sri Lanka vs India: Wasim Jaffer predicts winners of ODI and T20I series
Former Indian cricketer Wasim Jaffer has opined that the Indian side will start as the favourites in the limited-overs series against Sri Lanka. Jaffer further added that the Indian team is blessed with talent and potential.
2. ‘I am not needed today’ – Shahid Afridi responds to a journalist’s tweet
Pakistan cricketing legend Shahid Afridi has tweeted that the current Pakistan side does not need his pyrotechnics with the willow.
3. ‘There is a sniff for Sri Lanka’ – Muttiah Muralitharan points out one disadvantage for India on upcoming tour
Sri Lankan bowling legend Muttiah Muralitharan has opined that the only disadvantage for the Indian side going into the limited-overs series against Sri Lanka is the lack of match practice.
4. ‘India has played IPL but not international cricket’ – Dasun Shanaka believes both teams will start on even footing
Sri Lankan skipper Dasun Shanaka feels that both India and Sri Lanka will have equal chances in the limited-overs series between the two sides that will commence on 18th July 2021.
5. ‘Give him as many opportunities as possible, he’s an enormous talent’ – WV Raman backs Prithvi Shaw to open against Sri Lanka
WV Raman has stated that Prithvi Shaw is an enormous talent and should be given as many chances as possible in India’s limited-overs series against Sri Lanka.
6. ‘I don’t think there can be a better opportunity’ – Aakash Chopra wants India to play Chahal, Kuldeep on Sri Lanka tour
Former Indian batsman Aakash Chopra has opined that Kuldeep Yadav and Yuzvendra Chahal should feature in the playing XI for the Indian side in the limited-overs series against Sri Lanka.
7. ‘Given an opportunity, why not?’ – Dinesh Karthik expresses desire to play in The Hundred
India’s veteran cricketer Dinesh Karthik is keen to feature in The Hundred. Karthik also added that the likes of Suresh Raina and Robin Uthappa can also come and play in the tournament.
8. India vs Pakistan T20 WC clash is going to be a high-intensity match: Bhuvneshwar Kumar
Bhuvneshwar Kumar has opined that playing against Pakistan is always an exciting prospect. He even labeled the rivalry between India and Pakistan as a ‘high intensity’ one.