What happened in the cricket world today – July 31
Here is a quick wrap-up of the news stories that grabbed the spotlight in the cricketing world today.
Updated - Jul 31, 2021 7:56 pm
Here are the titbits of news that matter in the world of cricket today.
1. Sanju Samson seems like a lazy batsman to me: Salman Butt
Salman Butt has stated that Sanju Samson approaches batting in a casual manner and gives the impression that he is a lazy batsman.
2. Rahul Chahar has got a mystery about him, which reminds me about Rashid Khan: Aakash Chopra
Aakash Chopra has drawn parallels between Rahul Chahar and Rashid Khan and has stated that the Indian spinner reminds him of the champion Afghanistan bowler.
3. Reports: Road Safety World Series 2022 likely to be held from January 9 to February 16
The 2022 edition of the Road Safety World Series is slated to take place between 9th January and 16th February 2022.
4. Sri Lanka pacer Isuru Udana retires from international cricket with immediate effect
Sri Lankan cricketer Isuru Udana has announced his retirement from the international arena. He is currently 33 years old.
5. ‘He was too predictable’ – Ramiz Raja on Varun Chakravarthy’s bowling in SL T20Is
Ramiz Raja is not happy with Varun Chakravarthy’s performance against Sri Lanka and has termed the Tamil Nadu player’s bowling as predictable.
6. Reports: RCB likely to rope in Wanindu Hasaranga as replacement for Adam Zampa
If reports are to be believed, then Sri Lankan cricketer Wanindu Hasaranga might replace Adam Zampa in the RCB squad for the remaining matches of IPL 2021.
7. ‘He is so dynamic and aggressive’ – Nathan Hauritz picks Rishabh Pant as key player for England Tests
Nathan Hauritz reckons that Rishabh Pant is a cricketer who will keep improving with age, and is a dynamic and aggressive batsman.
8. ‘I have evolved a lot as cricketer in last one year’ – Rishabh Pant reflects on his journey ahead of England series
Rishabh Pant feels that he has evolved as a cricketer and he has been getting the desired results as well.