What happened in the cricket world today – June 29
Here is the quick wrap-up of the events that matter in the world of cricket today.
Updated - Jun 29, 2021 7:26 pm
Here are the titbits of news that matter in the world of cricket today.
1. Shadab Khan sends a strong warning to England ahead of the limited-overs series
Pakistan cricketer Shadab Khan has opined that the Pakistan players have played good cricket against England in the past and also had a successful run in the Pakistan Super League (PSL). Pakistan will tour England for a limited-overs series in the month of July.
2. Saba Karim stresses on the need for a ‘solid plan’ to grow women’s cricket in India at a rapid pace
Former Indian cricketer Saba Karim has stated that there needs to be a different plan in place to develop Women’s cricket with some outreach programs as well.
3. ‘I became a different bowler after my debut season at SRH’ – Rashid Khan on how IPL changed his life
Afghanistan spin bowling sensation Rashid Khan has opined that his cricket changed a lot after he started playing in the IPL. He also added that playing in the IPL helped him believe more in his skills.
4. ‘Rohit Sharma’s pull shot, Ben Stokes’ reverse sweep’ – Ian Bell builds his perfect batsman
Ian Bell built the perfect batsman in his chat with ESPN Cricinfo. The Indian players who featured in Ian Bell’s perfect batsman were Sachin Tendulkar, Rohit Sharma. While Bell picked Tendulkar for the straight drive, he selected Rohit Sharma for the pull shot.
5. ‘Are these the best players Sri Lanka got?’ – Kumar Sangakkara answers Michael Atherton’s uneasy question
Kumar Sangakkara has opined that the likes of Angelo Mathews, Dimuth Karunaratne, and Lahiru Thirimanne have batted beautifully in Test cricket. He also added that identifying the right kind of players for the T20 World Cup is important for Sri Lanka.
6. ‘I can still bowl 24 balls’ – Lasith Malinga confident of playing T20 World Cup 2021
Sri Lankan bowling legend Lasith Malinga has confidently stated that he can bowl for two consecutive hours without any issue.
7. Shane Warne questions England selectors for not picking Jonny Bairstow in the Test side
Spin bowling legend Shane Warne has opined that Jonny Bairstow has performed very well in Test cricket and should be featuring in the England Test squad on a regular basis.
8. Aakash Chopra picks World XI to take on New Zealand in home Tests, Virat Kohli excluded
Cricketer turned commentator Aakash Chopra has selected his World XI that will take on New Zealand. The three Indian players who made it to Chopra’s list are Rohit Sharma, Rishabh Pant, and Ravichandran Ashwin.